Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some help with a 2008 Corsa D 1.7CDTI today I tried to programme a new ECU into the car ECU came with the car pass .

Connected the new ECU up to the car and when it cam to enter the pin for immo programming it said incorrect pin or sometimes it would say something about illegal response and wouldn't allow me to go any further .

Also at one point a fault code showed up saying B3977 – Wrong Environment Identifier Received ECM (Engine Control Module)

Can anyone help with this also old ECU is dead got no Comms via OBD

Thanks

·
Worn Out Member
5,267 Posts
Are you certain the replacement hasn't already been reset ?
or they may have supplied it with the wrong code card

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you certain the replacement hasn't already been reset ?
or they may have supplied it with the wrong code card
If it's been reset can I get it working again ?

And with the card I couldn't be sure it was written in the ECU I asked the seller if it was the car pass and they confirmed

·
Worn Out Member
5,267 Posts
if it's been reset you should be able to program the immo function straight to it using your existing sec code

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried the old code from the ECU but wouldn't accept that either .

I've even tried a key programming tool I use and when I enter the code on the is says incorrect aswell with both codes

Started to think it was the wrong code just baffled has I've done few cars in the past with no problems

·
Worn Out Member
5,267 Posts
pita,it does sound like they've supplied the wrong code

·
Premium Member
13,624 Posts
Can you not read the code for the car from the instrument cluster or display with you key tool,.... there are a few ways to get the code from both ecu's you get a full read of the ecu (mainly the eeprom) via BDM if you cant do it via the obd port and i can get you the code from that or if your really confident at soldering just desolder the eeprom from both ecu's and swap them,...or read them both and ill give you both codes,..wow i hope you understand that,...:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Understand that mate but I've opened up the ECU and couldn't find the eeprom and when I loaded up the BDM software to do a full read it's says eeprom not present on the denso ECU ?

And my key programming tool only programmes keys and diagnostic I can read pins but not for Opel with this .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did notice I was able to reset the ECU in opcom without entering the pin is this right ?

·
Premium Member
13,624 Posts
What does it say if you go into the BCM and click Programming, Security code and input the cars code, does it not accept it.
If you can get access to the ecu live data check if the 'Security wait time' is active, also check this for the BCM, sometimes inputting the wrong code means you have to wait for a certain period of time with the ignition on before trying again.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Says incorrect code and i checked the security time and said 10 minutes but waited longer than that and still said 10 minutes and refused the code again it says something about illegal response and also get B3977 – Wrong Environment Identifier Received ECM (Engine Control Module)

·
Premium Member
13,624 Posts
Yes the wrong identifier code is because the ecu is not programmed so you can sort of ignore that for now, getting back to the security code, what your saying is the cars 4 digit security code is NOT accepted by the BCM,..strange, what about if you go into IMMO and try it in there does it work then.
The Eeprom is on the back of the board, i believe its a 93C86.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ktag to read and write with BDM got a galleto on the way aswell .

I can get old of a carprog but would it read the code from this ECU and does it need to be programmed before carprog can read it ?

Is the 93C86 on the ECU I was looking for this but couldn't see one I'll look again

·
Premium Member
13,624 Posts
There are 3 eeprom chips, all IC502 93C86 and on the back of the board so you need to flip the board, , just remove one chip and read it if you can, depending on software version the code is stored at line offset 0x793,0x795.0x797 and 0x799, or 0x792,0x794,0x796 and 0x798 if your unsure then send me the read.
Carprog wont read the code.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok remove them tomorrow and read with xprog of I can't find the code I'll send it over to you thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi mate don't have the ECU to hand untill tomorrow but that's a picture of the underside is it the 3 chips at the top ?

Also I thought there was only ever one eeprom chip on a ECU that contained this data ?

·
Premium Member
13,624 Posts
I always use I/O Terminal so never open the ecu, the pin code and mileage are stored in Eeprom 1, you will need to have a good look tomorrow mate, sorry i cant be of more help. (but they do look like eeprom chips)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts