Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello. I recently brought a opcom off ebay. work with everything. but when it comes to reading engine data. I can only find code. wont let any programming or let me see live data. all shows a --- in the boxes. engine A12XER on a corsa D. the opcom unit is v1.99 and the program is vauxcom 120309a. this is what it show when communicating with ECM
----------------
Read Info...
Identifier: 0x301C
VIN: W0L0SDL08E6017772
Hardware number:12642924
Motor type: N/A
Part Number:55597931
Software version number: 00C1165D
Hardware manufacturer number:
Programming Date: FFFFFFFF
Hardware key number: ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
System description: ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
Variant programming: 0x38364142574335353332313130323532
Alpha code:
--------------
also show up as Engine code: N/A
and ECM system name: Unknown system
not sure if anyone had a similar problem or a fix. or advice.

·
Worn Out Member
6,168 Posts
The software is too old for that engine,it's just not covered by it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh is it? What version would he suitable for the engine? Would it require a different model obd2 connector?

·
Worn Out Member
6,168 Posts
Your problem with using a later software is that your opcom unit will probably be bricked by using the software as it will almost certainly update the firmware when fired up.
afair @Koicarpkeeper did have some units that covered this engine but i'm sure he can confirm if he's around later.

In the meantime you could try connecting as a different car and engine type,
some of the 1.6/1.8 XER/XEL's share the same ecm as yours so worth a shot imo

·
Worn Out Member
6,168 Posts
oh well, it was worth a shot

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,013 Posts
Hmm Today I did a 2011 model Corsa D A14XER with my 120309a and it worked fine, the only difference being you are using 1.99 firmware which doesn't officially exist. I use 1.64

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm Today I did a 2011 model Corsa D A14XER with my 120309a and it worked fine, the only difference being you are using 1.99 firmware which doesn't officially exist. I use 1.64
Dose sound like is the firmware then. Where would u recommend on buying the 1.64 connector? Or can I change the firmware on my connector?

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,013 Posts
unless you know and I do mean 100% know if you have a genuine chip in the interface, I wouldn't attempt to change it. Give @Koicarpkeeper a shout see if he knows where you can get hold of one, but be warned, they are pretty scarce for a good one.

·
Worn Out Member
6,168 Posts
Interesting Fire,the changelog shows fault codes for that engine were added on the later 121231 software,
so maybe they just were just incomplete on 120309,i'm wondering if the o/p's software is original 120309 or the version with added 131223 as that seems to bring it's own problems in addition to the firmware mismatch.

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,013 Posts
Hi Mick, yes I do believe my version of 120309 has been played with and has some elements of 131223 added, as it goes up to 2014. I don't often use these versions as my "go to" is the good old trusty 100219a (In truth no one is daft enough to let me near anything newer) :)

·
Worn Out Member
6,168 Posts
Perhaps the o/p should try the 120309/131223 version if it's not the one he's already running

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got myself a 1.64 opcom. seems to talk to the car more even talking to the airbags and instrument cluster now. but still wont read live engine data. or able to program it.

·
Worn Out Member
6,168 Posts
1.64 is the firmware,the coverage changes on software version not firmware

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ummmm. im running 120309 -131223d. my car is a 2013. late November. but the op com shows it as a 2014 model. would a software change help?

·
Worn Out Member
6,168 Posts
That's the same version that @Fire26662 used and his worked on that engine,
i've never been convinced with these hybrid versions the Chinese put together,
mix it up with unofficial hacked firmware and it becomes almost impossible to figure out where the problem lies

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I tried it on my mates car today he had a 2009 Corsa d with a z12 xep engine. worked fine. so the firmware and the software are working correctly. im not sure if its my engine. or if its had something replaced I don't know about before I brought the car. I do know the dealer ship I got it from said they updated the cars software. don't know if its means ecu or bcm. or everything. but they said they updated it to the latest version. don't know if that could be interfering with the car. but everything else works. apart from the reading ecu codes. that's it. maybe a mystery for another time.

·
Worn Out Member
6,168 Posts
You're probably comparing two different management systems,
the Z12xep is a motronic7.6 system and opcom would have connected fine using just the original 120309 software,your A12XER is likely a gmpt78 system so completely different,
what you find with a firmware/software mismatch is that it only affects certain things,a classic example is connecting to the IPC on the Corsa C to extract the pin,run the wrong firmware and it doesn't work but most other connections are ok,
so not as straightforward as it might first appear.

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,013 Posts
Yes, that is exactly the same as one of those I am running, in fact it downloaded as Opcom 2014 but it is a mish mash of those versions (I presume anyway)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts