Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I think this may have been asked a few times before sorry, but hoping someone can help.

I have a 2015 1.6 Astra Excite, it's a pretty basic model and the driver display thing doesn't have any trip meter or MPG functions.

I recently rang my local dealership explaining I want to add these functions and that apparently I can do it with OpCom myself but asked could they do it. They just said if the functions aren't there it's not something they can do.

From what I've read, the functions are there but not switched on, hence why I need OpCom. And I dont want to pay 拢99 for someone to plug it in.

Can anyone please let me know if investing in OpCom (along with a very long USB lead) will be worth it? Will I definitely have this functionality? It drives me mad that I can't see my average MPG and I'm not buying a new car for the sole purpose of knowing this 馃槄

Many thanks in advance,

Natalie

If the hardware and software on your vehicle supports it there is a high possibility that you can activate it. But nobody can guarantee that unless they try it.
You would need a late model OpCom or Vauxcom Professional unit running at least the 160115a software.
Buying a suitable unit makes more sense than shelling out 99 squids just to get it plugged in.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the hardware and software on your vehicle supports it there is a high possibility that you can activate it. But nobody can guarantee that unless they try it.
You would need a late model OpCom or Vauxcom Professional unit running at least the 160115a software.
Buying a suitable unit makes more sense than shelling out 99 squids just to get it plugged in.
Thank you very much :) it's very much appreciated, might as well try give it a shot, thank you for confirming the version, there seems to be quite a few out there x

I've sent you a PM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts