Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I bought my car, I've noticed only three lines of the demister work and cos of that it takes a long time to clear. Is there anyway to get all the lines working or would I have to replace the windscreen?

Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive mirror Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
If you look closely at the lines that don't work, you will probably find that something has scratched and broken the lines.
If you can see where they are broken, then sometimes you can repair them. Here is a link to a repair kit on ebay, you can probably find something similar in Halfords or other car accessory shops:

If that doesn't work, then you will probably need the glass replaced.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you look closely at the lines that don't work, you will probably find that something has scratched and broken the lines.
If you can see where they are broken, then sometimes you can repair them. Here is a link to a repair kit on ebay, you can probably find something similar in Halfords or other car accessory shops:

If that doesn't work, then you will probably need the glass replaced.
How would I apply this? Just paint or draw across the lines on the window?

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
The instructions will be with it, I would have thought.
Basically, you have to clean off any insulation either side of any break in the elements, then apply the paint to make the connection.
There are a few different types on ebay, read about them & choose for yourself.

·
17,194 Posts
I bought a phial of silver infused PCB repair paint and managed to repair 7 out of the 8 strips that were not working on mine. Lots of thin coats and careful masking are required to get a good result. Also easier to sit in the boot to do it than looking up at the glass.

Reactions: Alan G H

·
17,194 Posts
Fairly sure Holts do a decent kit too but for the life of me can't remember what it's called.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The silver lines will stick out like a sore thumb looking at the rear view mirror
will probably be cheaper to get a boot hatch in colour, if not that a whole glass

·
17,194 Posts
They don't.

Reactions: Alan G H
1 - 9 of 9 Posts