Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help needed.... my 2.5 v6 tourer auto has a problem with power. From start, it's ok, but when I put my foor down a little, it goes flat. There is also a rythmic surging under medium throttle, the rev counter can be seen fluctuating up and down and the car can be felt gently 'kangarooing' as the power comes in and out. This seems particularly noticeable when the engine is fully warmed up. Another issue is that there is no cold start assistance - it's ok in the current weather, but I can imaging big problems when the weather turns. I have swapped the mass air flow meter for a known goodun, and the paperclip test does not show any code fault.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sits on left cylinder banks and when it starts to fail will cause car to start misfiring, especially under load its basically 3 coils and a plate AC Delco replacements are a lot cheaper vauaxhall charge an exhorbitant price so hit the scrappies or ebay if yours has gone - usually not before at least 100k on mileage. Search forums for DIS you will find more info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.