Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello people just got my first omega what a brilliant car would like to know if there are any little worries to check its got 102000 on the clock and runs like a dream water is a little brown is this a problem waiting to happen or normal would appreciate any advice cheers spooky dave

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
spooky dave said:
hello people just got my first omega what a brilliant car would like to know if there are any little worries to check its got 102000 on the clock and runs like a dream water is a little brown is this a problem waiting to happen or normal would appreciate any advice cheers spooky dave
Welcome to VXON :up:

More important is the fact that has the cambelt been changed, needs doing every 40000miles or 4 years, if there is no proof, then it needs doing asap as many people on this site will verify.

If the water is little brown with no sludge etc then you have nothing to worry about, It will need changing though as it will probably be doing more harm than good, V6's need a 50/50 mix of coollant with water. and vauxhall kindly supplyed a tap on bottom of the radiator to drain the water. it will need flushing a few times before topping up.

also change the oil in the auto box and clean or replace the filter this isnt urgent but if its never been done then it can cause premeture wear and problems in the future.

All the best with your new car :)

Dan.

·
Registered
99 Posts
good motors them omegas, had mine 11 days now, Lotta motors for not a lot of cash...

Brown water in yer rad, i think I'd flush the system and put fresh water/antifreeze in, could just be rust and no antifreeze, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon to diagnose properly
all the best
eamonn

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to dan they said it was done at 89000 the cam belt that is also it only has a key no fob to set alarm or open dors should it have and can i get one it is on log book as a select model will change water and clean out system it has sticker on windscreen saying next service due at 102000 which it is now and was done a year ago was company owned so think it will be genuine but think i will have cam belt changed just so i know its been done how much should this cost cheers spooky dave

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Do you have documneted proff that the cambel AND TENSIONERS were done at 89k? If no, do it again. The tensioners are critical.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Timing belt kit renewal

TheBoy said:
Do you have documneted proff that the cambel AND TENSIONERS were done at 89k? If no, do it again. The tensioners are critical.
Listen to the man ..

A few years back now I bought an Omega V6 Auto estate with a full service history 84k on the clock, included new tyres full exhausts from the cats back new DISS pack etc. etc. and of course new timing belt ....

Erm .. problem being at 102k or so belt chucked it due to the fact the tensioner/rollers were not replaced!

Ray.

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
spooky dave said:
only has a key no fob to set alarm or open dors should it have and can i get one ..... how much should cambelt cost

It should have a fob, It will cost you loads to get one from vauxhall though. Probably looking at over £100 including programming it.

A cambelt supplyed and fitted for your car from an independant garage should be just shy of £200

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
had cam belt and all tensioners done cost 210 but money well spent the garage said it had not been done at 89000 as it looked knackered so a big thanks to you all for your advice money well spent as i now get 40000 miles before next one have got slight water leak looks like it is coming from back of engine near gear box at least thats where it drips down any idea guys would appreciate your comments as you already have given me lots of good tips happy motoring cheers spooky dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts