Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

has anyone wired a single electric towbar kit.

normally iwould wire direct into the stop lamp / idicators.

but not sure on an 02 reg omega

any help / adivce please

·
Registered
29 Posts
How good are you with wiring

Hi,

You may well encounter problems with the bulb check controll if you simply go straight to the lighting wires.

When I did mine, I purchased and installed a series of relays ( all switched by the existing lighting circuits ) but this way you are not drawing enough current to cause problems with your warning system.

The benefits :-

Much cheaper than buying a bulb failure bypass relay kit.
You also get a much better 12v feed to your towing socket ( without voltage drop due to putting more strain on the existing loom wires )

The negative :-

It does take longer to install ( a couple of hours should do it if you are handy with a soldering iron. )

Regards,

Paul.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

You may well encounter problems with the bulb check controll if you simply go straight to the lighting wires.

When I did mine, I purchased and installed a series of relays ( all switched by the existing lighting circuits ) but this way you are not drawing enough current to cause problems with your warning system.

The benefits :-

Much cheaper than buying a bulb failure bypass relay kit.
You also get a much better 12v feed to your towing socket ( without voltage drop due to putting more strain on the existing loom wires )

The negative :-

It does take longer to install ( a couple of hours should do it if you are handy with a soldering iron. )

Regards,

Paul.
hi

there is aplug in the boot - i was going to tap into this as this plug is there for towing electrics

1 - 3 of 3 Posts