·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning everyone,

I have just joined this forum today.
I wonder if you guys can help!
I have just bought a Omega 2.0CD W,Reg.
I have a few problems I need advice with please.

1st the Key will start and unlock the car manually however it will not unlock the car from the radio Blip buttons, trouble is the alarm keeps going off when you unlock and open the door manually.

The only way to turn it off is to put the key in the ignition and start it.
The key has a red light on it when you depress the buttons however it still won’t work.
A guy told me to put the key in the ignition, turn the ignition to position 2, and then press the lock button; he said this will reprogram the key. Tried this to no avail?
Can anyone else help please, is it going to be expensive or is there a fuse that I can take out to shut the alarm up.

2nd, when you go round a tight left hand bend and brake, there is a rubbing noise from the front left wheel. Breaks are all new, it did it b4 the brakes were replaced, its just passed an MOT, its running on size 225 x 14 tyres, could these be 2 wide?

Many thanks for any input you can give guys,

John
:shame:

·
Registered
489 Posts
first off, it's a little more than just pressing a button etc, it needs to be done in seqence. i cant remember exactly how but i think you press and hold both buttons down then lock then unlock.

second the tyres are ok, mv6 alloys run 235's, have a look at your arch linning and bumper etc

welcome to the nut house:Cool2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the warm welcome! , I will try the 2 button thing now, and take the wheel off to check from scuff marks.
John

R

·
0 Posts
Welcome to vxON:Cool2:

First off, the tyres are about right for the car. If you are getting a rubbing sound on left hand truns only, I would suggest something is not put back correctly. Don't rule out the right hand wheel! If the brake sensor wire hasn't be routed back correctly, it could be rubbing on the right wheel on left hand bends.

Could also be the backplate, these often get bent during brake work and under cornering may be just enough to rub.

Is the sound metalic or a dull rubbing sound?

Lastly, cambelt & tensioner. Has this been done yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Firstly, it sounds grinding, hard to discribe, like metal to metal,

The cam belt ect, no idea, just skint myself out buying the thing, however next month will have a full service including cambelt ect.
Can you help with the key problem?
John

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
how many keys do you have? I wonder if you have just the one, the previous owner may have bought it from ebay or somewhere like it - and not paid for it to be programmed to the car. This has to be done initially, the resync procedure will not make an unprogrammed key work - it is purely for the scenario where the button has been pressed too many times with the key out of range of the car. It re-synchronises the rolling code (which changes each time the key is pressed, to stop people grabbing the code and unlocking your car).

If you have two keys, do you get the same problem?

As the car starts, I assume the chip in the key is present - therefore the key may need re-programming. I don't know if the programming of the key to enable the remote locking and to start the car are the same or not, perhaps someone can confirm?

Does the central locking work? Maybe there is an issue with the connection between the remote receiver and the central locking controller ...

·
Registered
434 Posts
REf. Your key fob problem. The red LED not lighting points to the battery holder within the fob.
It is possible that one of the soldered connections for the battery holder has possibly come adrift. Will need some delicate resoldering.

I fixed mine by using a piece of fine wire to connect the broken end to the board.

Others have had a similar fault.

eddie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys,
Thanks for the info,
I have sorted out the rubbing noise when i turn and break left (Yep it was a mudflap!) idiot, best way to discribe myself right now.
To answer the questions,
The car was bought yesterday from a dealer (not vauxall)
Only 1 key,
The batt in the key is ok, the red light does work.
The central locking works fine,
The key will manually open and lock the car.
It will start the car.
It will not by way of remote lock or unlock the car or boot.
If I lock the car with the key manually, When i unlock the car and open the door the alarm goes off.
The only way to shut up the alarm is to put the key in the ignition and start the car.
If this key has to be reprogramed to the car, does anyone have an idea how much it costs??
Thanks,
John.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hi john

Try changing the battery as when i first bought my elite i had the exact same trouble and found that for some reason when i changed the bat all was well.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
TBH, I'd get the dealer to sort it out!!

Only 1 key ... hmmm ... sounds like it may be a reposessed vehicle, they may have had the key cut and not coded properly. There again, it may be a fault with the car ... why should you have to pay to rectify it?

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I think you just need to resynchronise your remote fob.

Put the key in the ignition.
Switch the ignition on.
You now have 30 seconds.
Press the lock button on the key while it is still in the ignition.
The car locks will lock and unlock.

Job done.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Just in case you didn't quite manage it yet with all the advice above:

Basically it says exactly what everyone else said. BUT I would start with replacing the battery - the fact that the red LED comes on does not mean that the battery has enough juice. So for the cost of a new battery I would start with that.

Now you will need to get a spare key, it is never a good idea to have only one key especially on a car with deadlocks etc. I got a spare key from Vx to the tune of £85 which included RC fob and programming, but if you search these forums you will see that cleverer people than me got it for less.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I had the same problem with my vectra- got 2 keys no remotes - got the car running and the alarm kept going off when i opened the door- short term - I disconnected the alarm siren (found it under the windscreen - not far from wiper motor on the vectra) the hazards still flashed though.
bought 2 key fobs off ebay - went to get them programmed by the dealer - but found out i needed a car pass - £17.30 for a fax which when presented to the service dept charged another £23 to program- plus the cost of the fobs - so it costs a fortune to open your car with a remote. so I would never buy a car without 2 working keys / fobs in the future.
John Knight said:
Guys,
Thanks for the info,
I have sorted out the rubbing noise when i turn and break left (Yep it was a mudflap!) idiot, best way to discribe myself right now.
To answer the questions,
The car was bought yesterday from a dealer (not vauxall)
Only 1 key,
The batt in the key is ok, the red light does work.
The central locking works fine,
The key will manually open and lock the car.
It will start the car.
It will not by way of remote lock or unlock the car or boot.
If I lock the car with the key manually, When i unlock the car and open the door the alarm goes off.
The only way to shut up the alarm is to put the key in the ignition and start the car.
If this key has to be reprogramed to the car, does anyone have an idea how much it costs??
Thanks,
John.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guys,
thank you very much for your time and advice!
I will try all your ideas and let you know what happens.
Many thanks again!
John

·
Registered
20 Posts
This might sound like too simple a solution, but have you tried giving the key a smart tap against something?

I had exactly this problem and was quoted £100 at my VX dealers as they insisted the key was kaput. "Bugger That", I thought and gave it a reasonable tap, more out of desperation than anything, and it worked afterwards. Perhaps the battery or contacts aren't seated correctly?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts