Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Another Dead CDX
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a m reg Omega 2.5 v6 cd spec.

I have recently fitted a new heater matrix radiator .

I have however a new problem, When i refitted the dash clocks the computer display on the left of the speedo etc was,t working.

I checked the bulbs and found they were 12v 3w and very black , Two new bulbs 12v but 5w were fitted for temporary purposes as i have no spare 3w , computer display works perfect.

The lights come on ok and give backlight to the display, they also dim when sidelights are put on and dim and lighten when the dashlight dimmer wheel is used as they should do .

The problem i have is when all lights are turned off the display is still lit , turn 0ff the ignition and lock the car and the display is still lit showing outside temp.I am worried it might be battery drain so out come the bulbs until a solution is found.

Everything was working ok until i half removed the dash to change heater radiator..

Have i missed something or is there a setting i don't know about..

·
Registered
782 Posts
When you fitted the dash clock back in did you make sure the connector was pushed in completly??

And also it might be cos the bulbs are the wrong volt

·
Another Dead CDX
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check ignition barrel tomorrow i fitted another one after destroying the original one removing the dash i forgot to put the key in position2 to remove the igintion switch ..

Yes all connections are tight and secure.

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
The Omeag has a function where certain items remain on until the key is removed......

This is operated by a switch at the rear of the barrel and disconnects when the barrel pops out...

·
Another Dead CDX
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all i will check that area 1st and report back tomorrow ...

Just a thought , doe'snt the barrel have to be in the fully extended position to release the key?

It's been a long time since i worked at a vx dealer changing lock sets and don't really take much notice now when moving cars at work .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts