Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just had my MOT and and my omega 2.5 v6 failed on one item :cry: the exhaust emissions, the information on the failure sheet says " Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive"

I have done the paper clip test and it has come back with a error 92 Camshaft sensor failure (XEV systems. Does anybody know if this error would cause the emissions problem or if it could be something else???

Thanks Guys

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Exhaust emission failure when mine failed, it was a faulty CAT this may not be your problem though, did the MOT centre give you some idea of what part(s) were faulty. As I was told it was the CAT at the time. Could even be one of your Lambda sensors playing up.

Camshaft Sensor if this is the case the car usually goes into limp mode and the engine mangement light will not go out.

Not sure if these two issues would be related but I am sure someone will be able to comfirm.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, they gave me no further information or an idea on what is causing the emissions problem :shame:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,

Are you certain it's fault code 92 as this refers to the XEV engine which is a 2.0 litre not a 2.5? However fault code 91 refers to the o2 sensor in the exhaust which would screw up emissions.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
scotty76 said:
Hi,

Are you certain it's fault code 92 as this refers to the XEV engine which is a 2.0 litre not a 2.5? However fault code 91 refers to the o2 sensor in the exhaust which would screw up emissions.
Having checked on topbuzz.co.uk I think it means similar coding for example the x25xe uses Bosch Motronic where as the x20xev uses the Simtec so two totally different ECU types but as I say similar coding for that part.

Fault code92 for X25XE this actually points to the camshaft sensor just the same as the X20XEV but they have two different meanings on the X20XEV it means incorrect signal, where as the X25XE means its faulty.

meaning imo it needs replacing but I still cant work out how this would effect the emissions.

Do you have the engine management light on when the engine is running and does it seem sluggish when driving.

Just out of curiosity what year is the car? only the info relates to the pre facelift model not the facelift model.

Hope this helps in some way. Someone hopefully will be able to confirm.

Apologies if I am wrong and good luck in sorting the problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I check the fault codes in my copy of the TIS, 92 is not listed against the x25xe engine. I've tried this with model years from 1997-2001 with the same result, no 92 for the Motronic 2.8.1 engine management system.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi and thanks for the reply's, the error code 92 is very strange as I can see what you mean its not for the 2.5 also the car feels fine to drive but does have a slight cold start problem as it needs about 10-15 seconds to get started but after that its fine. Also the year of the car is a 98 on a S Plate. I think I may take it to a MOT station and as them to diagnose the problem and then try to fix it myself, as it could be the CAT or the Lambda or possiably some other issue. Cheers Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi and thanks for the reply's, the error code 92 is very strange as I can see what you mean its not for the 2.5 also the car feels fine to drive but does have a slight cold start problem as it needs about 10-15 seconds to get started but after that its fine. Also the year of the car is a 98 on a S Plate. I think I may take it to a MOT station and as them to diagnose the problem and then try to fix it myself, as it could be the CAT or the Lambda or possiably some other issue. Cheers Mark

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
scotty76 said:
When I check the fault codes in my copy of the TIS, 92 is not listed against the x25xe engine. I've tried this with model years from 1997-2001 with the same result, no 92 for the Motronic 2.8.1 engine management system.
Scotty76 just read your post its my mix up on my part, topbuzz although gives you the codes does not cover years 1997-2001 so I was unable to give an accurate response without knowing the year of car. TIS strike again.

Good Luck Markyb1 hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi All, just thought I would give an update on the Emissions saga. Anyway took to another MOT station to check the emissions and they have said it sailed through not even close to failing which is very strange. Anyway spoke to the MOT station who tested it and failed it and they said they could not understand why it has failed on theirs and passed on another.:grrr
Well I am going to get the one that passed it to do another MOT as I don't trust the other one.

Thanks for your help and reply's
Cheers, Mark

·
Registered
56 Posts
If it does pass Mark I would be inclined to appeal against the failure from the other garage and recoup your money back from the first garage.

R

·
0 Posts
Yep, I agree. Although they will now recalibrate their 1982 Commodore Vic 20 computer system and claim you must have altered the cars settings, even though that cannot be done!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts