Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again
Had a problem starting the Omega yesterday, but after a while of trying it finally went. After looking under the bonnet I noticed a taped up hose which I think is the problem...can anyone tell me the technical name for this hose..?..I think it has something to do with the air intake on start up...not quite sure..?..hope someone can shine some light on this.

Cheers
bradsix

·
Registered
351 Posts
That's the air injection hose that fails fairly regularly, at least on mine. It's used to blow air into the exhaust gasses while the engine is warming up. The tape won't last very long but it hasn't caused any problems with my engine starting or running.

·
VxON's Tank Commander
435 Posts
I had the same hose fail also. It did not give the car any running or starting issues though. Makes a funny noise when it is leaking. Mine has Duck tape and zip straps now :) It has been fine for 6 months or so.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Same here. Mine failed and made the car run noisy and harder to start but actually still ran fine. Thought it was exhaust going at first. Part of the air injection sysetm connected to the exhaust. Only cost a few pounds (equivalent) to fix at the dealer so I wouldn't mess about with duct tape for too long (despite my sig;-).

·
Registered
172 Posts
Same on mine, took one off a scrap car and guy only charged me £1, doesn't run any better or worse now it's fixed but is nice and quiet when starting the car.

Was lucky to find one in such good condition really!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.