Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of contradiction here so I figure you will know...I have a pair of the newer HID headlights for my Cav...on the last MOT the headlight aim needed doing, one was aimed, the other light, they reckoned the 2 pins inside the light had broken and so couldnt be adjusted.

My mate reckons that the newer Omega's lights have floating lights contralled by a sensor on the rear that aims it correctly...is it possible that the light is not in fact broke, just not connected to the required sensor? If not, is it possible to disassemble the light and fix the pins into place do you think?

Thanks, Chris. :bananasmi

·
Registered
466 Posts
They are self levelling motors, a bit like the ones where the wheel on the dash adjusts the height except it's automatic. So I expect you can probably somehow move the motors to the correct position then disconnect them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's my understanding that ALL HID's are controlled by sensors, one sensor on the front of the car, and one on the rear, to ensure that the lights are always at the correct level, no matter how much weight is in the car.

edit: posted by accident before I had finished.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's my understanding that ALL HID's are controlled by sensors, one sensor on the front of the car, and one on the rear, to ensure that the lights are always at the correct level, no matter how much weight is in the car.
It shouldn't be possible to adjust the lights by turning screws.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
not sure if the cav lights are of the same design as the miggy, but the latter has a *really* good design ... metal thread on the adjuster which screws into a plastic thread - which tends to get brittle over time and shatters (especially if adjusted the wrong way). It is possible to open the headlight unit and then glue the adjuster back together using epoxy, but it's a bit difficult getting into the headlight unit to start with. Managed to fix a broken headlight adjuster on my old miggy in this way though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts