Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vivaro 2.0 CDTI Sportive, Mazda 6 Skyactiv
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd change the fuel filter today as the car has developed a slight judder.
Had a look in the haynes manual (pre facelift one) and then had a look on the car.... and its not there.

Any idea where this can be found on a 3.0 facelift estate?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Near the diff. If you look under from the offside it should be the small silver canister in the fuel line just after the rear axel.

·
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i looked for it earlier in around the place described above, so I think you also need special eyes to find it!
(will have a look in the morning)

cheers!

·
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found it!
On mine its almost above the rear Diff
Tried for about half hour to get it off "properly" but then decided that I've had enough and the local gargae can do it. (all the bits of mud landing on my face helped with this decision)

Also on another wonderful designed thing on the omega, I thought I'd adjust the handbrake while I was under there.
But when I found that to get anywhere near the adjuster you have to remove both of the exhaust heatsheilds I decided against it. (thanks Vauxhall design team)

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
matchless said:
Sorry, cant resist....

A HACKSAW:lmao:

(In-joke for those at the cambelt party)
Yeah, but its good to know that experts like Mark makes big mistakes just like everyone else.

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
fastcarmaniac said:
Found it!
Also on another wonderful designed thing on the omega, I thought I'd adjust the handbrake while I was under there.
But when I found that to get anywhere near the adjuster you have to remove both of the exhaust heatsheilds I decided against it. (thanks Vauxhall design team)
I'm glad they did that as you shouldn't adjust the cable until you have setup the rear brake drums...

·
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Marks DTM Calib said:
I'm glad they did that as you shouldn't adjust the cable until you have setup the rear brake drums...
nothing needs altering in the drums, just needs the main cable adjusting as the car was stood for ages with the handbrake left on.
Also according to the haynes manuel you have to lower one end of the prop shaft to change the cable, genuis!

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
You don't, you simply remove the heatshield.

Its well worth stripping and cleaning the brake drum assemblies (having fully slackened the handbrake cabel) before doing any adjustments on the handbrake cable......unless this was done very recently.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts