Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
VxON Elite
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wanting to buy an omega elite and i was wondering if there was a manual version all i can find is automatics .

·
Geriatric petrol-head
3,012 Posts
Omega Elite had an automatic gearbox as standard.

There was a no-charge option to order a manual gearbox on the 2.5/2.6 Elites but there was no choice on the diesel Elite nor the 3.0/3.2 Elites.

I imagine that very few original owners would have ordered a manual Elite.

·
CavWeb's David Dickinson
1,891 Posts
I thought that the MV6 and Elite were equal ruffly on spec. Leather and all the leckies etc

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Turbomad_Del said:
I thought that the MV6 and Elite were equal ruffly on spec. Leather and all the leckies etc
The later mv6's were quite high spec over the early ones. Basically, the early mv6 (plod's choice) was a gls spec with a couple of small extras.
Finding an elite with a manual box is like trying to find hens teeth!!

·
CavWeb's David Dickinson
1,891 Posts
blotto_otto said:
The later mv6's were quite high spec over the early ones. Basically, the early mv6 (plod's choice) was a gls spec with a couple of small extras.
Finding an elite with a manual box is like trying to find hens teeth!!
Are I see Blotto thanks chap

·
VxON Elite
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so what is a ball park figure for an elite then ? i think i am just going to have to buy the auto as the manual is hard to find.

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Stephen G said:
so what is a ball park figure for an elite then ? i think i am just going to have to buy the auto as the manual is hard to find.
Depends on age, what sort of year would you be looking for?

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
If I was to get an Omega I would want an auto anyway personally, and I think the market research unearthed that with alot of people, hence not too many manual Omegas.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
MartinImber said:
Drive an Omega auto - they are excellent boxes
Not the point though is it, I mean Minis are great little cars.... doesnt mean I want one.

As good as an auto box can be if you find driving n auto boring it wont make the experience much better just because its a good en :Cool2:

·
22,199 Posts
All Omega Elite's regardless of engine could be ordered with a manual box...i know this because ive seen manual versions of all Elites.

Manual's are extremely rare however.

·
Geriatric petrol-head
3,012 Posts
Not according to Vauxhall - a manual gearbox wasn't even a no-cost option on the 3.2 Omega Elite.

There is, or was, a car supermarket in the Midlands who was importing Opels from Eire and Cyprus, ie rhd, and re-badging them as Vauxhalls. Trading standards successfully prosecuted. This has led to a considerable number of non-UK specification "Vauxhalls" around which could be fitted with anything!

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
The thing is do you not want an auto for any particular reason or do you just think you don't,I'd never even considered having an auto before I got my senator and i've got to say i'm very impressed by it.On the other hand a mates got a 2.0 omega auto and that really is a pile of shite.i'd imagine a 3.0 or 3.2 omega with an autobox would be much better.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
well, ive got a 98 S omega elite 3.0 full electrical spec inside but no leather, but then ive seen quite a few elite's without leather in the last month(cos i was after one!)
Graham

·
22,199 Posts
Aye, the Velour was a reduced cost option...althought i cant understand for one minute why anyone would want Velour instead of Leather...especially in an Elite...its like a Cav Diplomat with Velour, just wrong.

·
Registered
32 Posts
MadOnVaux! said:
Aye, the Velour was a reduced cost option...althought i cant understand for one minute why anyone would want Velour instead of Leather...especially in an Elite...its like a Cav Diplomat with Velour, just wrong.
I dont get it either but some people prefer it, its cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter with velour for example.

Any normal person would put a blanket over the seat, but some delete the leather.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts