Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, I'm a newbie today, hope someone may be able to help with this one:

I cannot open the drivers door on my 2001 Omega 2.2 CD.

When I press door open on the fob, the doors unlock, then lock again immediately. If I press door open on the fob, and very quickly lift the door handle before it locks again, I can get into all the other three doors but not the drivers door. I cannot open it by lifting the locking button from inside either. I'm having to open the passenger door as stated above, and climb over to the drivers side which is a lot more difficult than it sounds.

Any ideas?

Beverley.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
I had almost exactly this happen on the Senny I had before I got the Omega I recently changed for my Vectra....

Turned out to be the little plastic/rubber grommet linking the latch mechanism to the operating rod from the internal pop-up button. Obviously, the driver's door gets the most use and thus the most wear. The grommet had finally worn through so when the latch responded to the 'unlock' signal on zapping, the button only partially raised, the lock couldn't move to the fully unlocked position and so failed to unlock. The other doors having had far less use, were totally unaffected and unlocked perfectly each time.

It may not be the cause of your problem, but the latch/handle/button area is a good place to start looking.

However, as Solorider so precisely put it, it might just be the solenoid/mechanism is just worn out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I've got the same problem, but I cannot open the drivers door from inside or our!!! is there a trick to getting it open? If I can't open the door I can't get the door card off in order to look into the cause of the problem!!! help please!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.