Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem?
When its sunny :cool: (obviously doesn't occur very often up here in the Peaks :stormclou, but we're hoping for a day or two in July, and its best to be prepared) I find the reflection from the top of the dash a real problem.
It cuts down visibility quite a bit.
I have tried using Meths to remove the shiny finish, thninking maybe someone had used armor-all or some other muck, and a fair bit of stuff came off, but the top of the dash still shines like a "diamond up a sweep's arse".
Are they all like this or is there something I can do?
Ta!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well it was a cracking day around here on my way home from work yesterday, cannot say I noticed it, but had a similar problem with my previous car, as its only when the suns in a certain position ( About twice a year :lmao:) I can live with it.

T

·
0 Posts
I havent noticed it either on mine....in facts its pretty dull.
Its gets cleaned every week.....I used to use Mr Muscle wipes but found that left pieces of fibre behind from the wipe....making it look just as dusty as before. Now I use Dettol wipes......now spotlessly clean dull dash.

So i reckon someones either been polishing it like mad and made it go shiney or its just gone shiney over time.

I cannot understand why people use those products that makes the dash go all shiney! :rolleyes: First bit off sun and your blinded!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anybody recommend a product that will remove the shine?

Acetone?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had the exact same problem with my previous Omega. Wasn't aware at first but got caught out one day with low direct sun and the effect made the car almost undriveable. The cockpit was very shiny when first purchased as the dealer had gone to town with some of that silicone interior spray, and must have plastered the dash with loads of it. Solved it with a jeye cloth damped with water and a tiny bit of washing up liquid.

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
I use 1001 carpet cleaner as it gets the dirt out and doesn't contain horrible silicon based stuff which makes it shine.

Also watch what you clean the window with, cleaners with a high wax content encourage the reflections

1 - 7 of 7 Posts