Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've just bought an ex-police W reg (2000) Mv6, the car drives very well with no dramas at all, rolling road test suggests it has 312bhp!

Anyway back to the mundane, when I switch the climate control on the car performs all the necessary functions to initiate, except for actually cooling the air (when idling, the revs step up by about 200 rpm), engine kicks up, fan comes on but no cold air, can anyone be of assistance?

·
Banned
221 Posts
Sounds like a vacum pipe is out somewhere (or connected upm wrong).
I thought the ex-pold's did not come with climate. AC maybe but not climate?
You do have a compressor etc in the engine bay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definately have a compressor can hear and see it, has got climate control dashboard controls; so I'm rather hoping it has the rest of the necessary electrical and mechanical gubbins.

·
Registered
418 Posts
312 BHP!?!?!?! :eh

Do you have a 4 litre V8 under the hood?

Is it twin turbo'd?

Cause when I had an MV6 it had only 200 odd brake:mmmm

Just needs re-gassing

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

I have a 99 x-plod MV6 - not sure of a rolling road figure, but it does 60 in 6 seconds ( calibrated speedo & tested using GPS speed software on a pocket PC )
They are definately modified - but to what extent I don't know.
I bought the car from a bobby who had himself bought it from the force ( knowing the background of the motor ) - It had been used for training purposes and kept by the force longer than usual to give drivers experience of a powerful RWD motor as opposed to the V70 FWD motors that the went on to.

How much does a rolling road test cost these days ??

Paul.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rolling road test was free, got a mate in the trade. No idea if it was the chief constable's car, it does however have armoured doors, floor and seats. The entire subject is all pretty much closed as last week the sump plug came out (no idea how), all the oil pissed out whilst at speed, engine temp skyrocketed (in seconds) then BANG! as a result the engine block has cracked, so I've had it scrapped and am now on the lookout for something else exciting!

·
***VxON Photographer of the year 2007***
3,052 Posts
it does however have armoured doors, floor and seats.

sounds like it could have been an ARV ( armed responce unit) they may have had to have it tuned as the armour plating would have made it loads heavier and slowed it down.

As for the blow up mate sorry to hear that but do persist meeega is a nice motor to own :Cool2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts