Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought an Omega 2.2 CD year 2002.

It's central locking is doing something really odd. When you try and lock the car from the fob or the key, it will lock and then immediately unlock - it does this until the 6th attempt, always the 6th attempt, and then it is locked.

It unlocks fine.

I have checked that the doors are shut properly and have excercised and lubed the mechanisms, but the problem persists.

Anyone any idea what it going on with this locking on the 6th attempt,

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had the same problem with an omega elite once ,,,,check the connections first of all in the door sensor and check the weather seals if there all ok change the keyfob bat if you still have probs after that check the central locking unit in drivers footwell far right by the acc pedal behind footwell panel failing that take bat term off for 15 mins and see if prob has cleared from system if it hasent my advice would be to unscrew the fusebox holding screw and check the back terminals of the fusebox to make sure all wiring is secure and nothing is touching ,,,,, usually in most cases its a key fob bat or at very most a door sensor pretty common and cheap to fix should get either on ebay for next to nothing or www.maplin.co.uk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.