Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing that Courtenay has a 322mm brake upgrade kit available for Zafiras, Astras etc that are 5 stud, my question is would this fit onto an Omega?

R

·
0 Posts
It depends on the hub size and you would obviously have to change the calipers as well. But, can't see why not.

I also can't see why you would want to. The Omega brakes are superb as they are - Good grief, I just said something positive about the omega! Oo errr.:lmao:

·
Registered
206 Posts
The only thing the Police change on the Omega braking system is to fit sports performance brake pads. You may be able to outrun a Police vehicle but you'll never out brake one. I would leave the excellent brakes as standard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I trust in my Omega's breaks. Only needed them once so far and they did a stella job.

Basically a 'person' pulled out on me while i was going 40mph...
Thinking about it after I was very impressed at how stable the car was under emergency stopping. It didn't squirm, lock the wheels or cause undue panic, it even allowed me to calmly turn out of the way. funnily enough the other driver didn't even notice me even though the front of my car came within inches of their drivers door.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh don't get me wrong, the 280s I already have are great, but I'm trying to prep the car ready for an eventual turbo conversion, so would prefer to get the bits done ready, rather than all in one very costly hit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts