Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, just wondering what model engine is used in the omega B

I know its a BMW 2.5TD engine, and im not sure but i belive its a V6, or is it an inline 6? im not really too sure.

If anyone knows i would be very happy, cheers

·
Registered
47 Posts
As mentioned a straight 6 detuned lump, heaveist engine in the omega range and tends to eat frnt tyres a bit more for that reason. Saying that with good regular servicing they will run miles.

Plenty of grunt for towing if needed and not much of a slouch either. Mine is as standard and I have done well into the 3 figures (not on a public road though). Get about 30ish mpg on normal town driving and on a long run 40-45mpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As mentioned a straight 6 detuned lump, heaveist engine in the omega range and tends to eat frnt tyres a bit more for that reason. Saying that with good regular servicing they will run miles.

Plenty of grunt for towing if needed and not much of a slouch either. Mine is as standard and I have done well into the 3 figures (not on a public road though). Get about 30ish mpg on normal town driving and on a long run 40-45mpg
Cheers for that information Andy, its cool becuase il be buying one soon. Ive always wanted to own an omega and this one is quite nice. I plan to buy some better shocks and springs for it as well, not shure if this will improve things, they say it will stiffen up the ride and prevent too much roll, so who knows il have a play and see. Also i could fit some better brakes as well, possibly some of those performance disks as well as pads.

Also the MPG figures are quite promicing too, although this depends on the driver and the machine.

Anyways what other things would you recomend I uprate, or change, I just want to make it more robust.

Anyway cheers again

·
Registered
47 Posts
My friendly mechanic did the shocks on mine as well as a few other pieces (steering idler and 2 new tyres) and that came to £600. With the new shocks fitted (gas ones) the car sits a bit higher now and you do now feel the bumps that bit more (roads are not good anyway over here)

They are the only major things I have changed and had to get a new brake light switch,in the 4 years I have had it apart from the servicing items, still on the same exhaust as well. Rust, unfortunately is the killer on these around the lower parts of the doors and top of door panels but the windows.

Regular oil changes and general care it she will last a long time. Motorways are a joy to drive along.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts