Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hopefully i can find some answers here. I've got a Omega 3.0 elite estate and i went to it this morning and it wouldnt start. I've checked for feed at the fuel pump and it hasn't got any.

Next thing i did was to open up the fuel pump realy and click it by hand. Now it gets a feed if you do that and that prooves that the fuse and the wiring from the relay to the pump is ok.

Next thing i did was to check the feeds at the relay.
At pin 4 ( 86 on relay) i havent got a feed.
At pin 2 ( 30 on relay) i've got got a feed.
At pin 8 ( 87 on relay) i've got a feed if i click the relay by hand, wich is good.
At pin 6 ( 85 on relay) i've got a feed.

Now as far as i can see pin 4 gets its feed from connecting to the wire from pin 3 of the ecu to pin 1 on the info display.

If anyone has any ideas i'd be very gratefull for the help. Thanks for reading this.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Its probably the Crank Sensor thats died. If this happens the ECU ensures the fuel pump wont start. You need to read the fault codes to confirm this and should be able to carry out "the paperclip test" to confirm the stored fault code. Search for this on this site if you need any info on the proceedure its very well documented. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
as a guide - when cranking the engine management light shoule go out after the engine reaches a few hundred rpm- if it doesn't go out the crankspeed sensor is U/S.

On the paperclip test you will get a code for crankspeed sensor as the engine isn't turning over.

Hi all, hopefully i can find some answers here. I've got a Omega 3.0 elite estate and i went to it this morning and it wouldnt start. I've checked for feed at the fuel pump and it hasn't got any.

Next thing i did was to open up the fuel pump realy and click it by hand. Now it gets a feed if you do that and that prooves that the fuse and the wiring from the relay to the pump is ok.

Next thing i did was to check the feeds at the relay.
At pin 4 ( 86 on relay) i havent got a feed.
At pin 2 ( 30 on relay) i've got got a feed.
At pin 8 ( 87 on relay) i've got a feed if i click the relay by hand, wich is good.
At pin 6 ( 85 on relay) i've got a feed.

Now as far as i can see pin 4 gets its feed from connecting to the wire from pin 3 of the ecu to pin 1 on the info display.

If anyone has any ideas i'd be very gratefull for the help. Thanks for reading this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just tried the paper clip test and got code 31 - no crank sensor signal, then took note of the engine light and rpm gauge as i cranked the engine and guess what. The rpm gauge didnt move.
So i'm going to try a new sensor in it. Thanks for the tips and i'll let you know how it goes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the help, i replaced the crank sensor and it started first try. Mind you it was fun getting the old sensor out, i had to cut it in two and take it out in bits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts