Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2001 2,2 petrol today.
It's holding back on low revs in high gears. Under 1700 rpms it jerks and is erratic or how to describe it in english.
The previous owner have changed the fuel pump and filter. All the other service/maintenance parts are replaced. I'm thinking it's the coil pack. Will take a closer look at it tomorrow.

The information screen on this are only half a screen. The lower part are warning lamps.
Is it possible to upgrade this? Plug'n play?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The jerking stopped when I replaced the coilpack today.
Replaced the thermostat since it only reached 80 degrees. Still the same. But the ac is stuck on an the ac fan is running constantly which i guess it shouldn't. Suspecting stuck fan replay or broken temp sensor on the radiator.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So much response here. Nobody in Britain drives or fixes Omegas anymore?

Anyway I took out the relay for the condenser fan and the eco button is now working. I will not do anything more about this before the spring since it's minus 3,5 here now. The outdoor season is over.

I replaced the thermostat but the car won't go over 85 degrees. The new thermostat opens at 92. The brand is Wahler.
From my memory of my last Omega I should sweat with the heat on "HI"
The cam belt was replaced three years ago so not due until late next summer. But maybe they didn't replace the water pump so the circulation is ****.

The hoses going into the car are equally hot.

·
If you want to save fuel buy a Camel & a shovel
350 Posts
It,s ok not many people answer me either. Probably don,t understand me or something else.
Does the heater actually get hot or not.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi,

If the A/C is on then one radiator fan will also be on, this may explain the over cooling. I am wondering if the eco button isn't working so the A/C is on hence the Rad fan is on and is possible you are putting a lot of cold A/C air into heater box.

·
Well-Known User.
4,287 Posts
Are both the heater pipes hot going into the matrix? Check under the bonnet at the bulkhead near the inlet fannimold.
Also check that adjusting the climate controls is actually moving the 'flaps' on the heater box, you can reset the unit by pressing and holding off and auto for a time whilst listening for funny noises...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts