Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

The wifes car has done it again, whenever i get a day off it breaks down. this time the car is sluggish at starting unless you give it some gas, and when the accelerator is floored there is a popping from exhaust at about 3000 rpm. If the steering is put on full lock the car stalls. The rocker cover gasket and leads were replaced about 1500 miles ago.

There is also an orange dashboard light which has come on which looks like a gearbox is this relevant? can anyone explain what the dash warning lights are all for.

Please help with advice the wife is nagging me to death.

Thanks in advance

Chris.:think

·
Registered
682 Posts
The orange dashboard light is the emmisions light.

Do a 'paper clip' test on it to read the fault codes and post them here.

See the 'How to' section.

·
Club Barge
3,467 Posts
Hi everyone,

The wifes car has done it again, whenever i get a day off it breaks down. this time the car is sluggish at starting unless you give it some gas, and when the accelerator is floored there is a popping from exhaust at about 3000 rpm. If the steering is put on full lock the car stalls. The rocker cover gasket and leads were replaced about 1500 miles ago.

There is also an orange dashboard light which has come on which looks like a gearbox is this relevant? can anyone explain what the dash warning lights are all for.

Please help with advice the wife is nagging me to death.

Thanks in advance

Chris.:think
Hello,

My first guess would be crank angle sensor :).

James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did paper clip test (great advice saved myself a fortune) code came up 335 which i believe is crank sensor can anyone help on what to do now?
Thanks

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts