Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Omega 2.6 V6 died this week on way home (27.06.18).
Engine died, lost hydraulics to brakes and steering, dash went dark.
Bit scary as I was heading to a sharp bend and had to react quickly.
RAC think it's something behind the dash.
Thinking it might be time to sell for spares ?
Shame as it only just passed MOT within last couple of weeks.
Sad to see the car go!

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I definitely wouldn’t be breaking it yet. Are there any light on when key in ignition? Have you checked battery voltage, connections, main fuses and earth straps to the engine?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definitely wouldn’t be breaking it yet. Are there any light on when key in ignition? Have you checked battery voltage, connections, main fuses and earth straps to the engine?
It still turns over so there is power to the starter.
No lights on dash when key in ignition but indicator lights come on on dash also all lights outside car still work ie brake lights reverse lights, hazards etc.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Bad grounding? Follow the negativ wire from the battery.
If i remember right there is a smaller wire from the positive wire going into some big main fuses on top of the battery. If that's lose you can experience this problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bad grounding? Follow the negativ wire from the battery.
If i remember right there is a smaller wire from the positive wire going into some big main fuses on top of the battery. If that's lose you can experience this problem.
Will check those.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
You really need to trace it out with a multimeter - meaning you need one of those but also a wiring diagram. If you’re not confident or not sure how to do it, another option could be to get an auto electrician. There’s lots that do home visits and they’re normally fast to find and fix faults and thus not that expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts