Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My brother Peter (baabaashep) put me on to this great site as I have no techy knowledge of cars.
the problem Omega 2.0 auto gls 1995 bought 2 months ago
Had gearbox oil leak, local garage replaced seal, leak fixed. drove 400 miles seemed oK but latley seems like i have to get to 4000 rpm to get car moving fells like car it's dragging gears not engaging properly.
Also I do get spiking of revs Brother thinks that might be Mass Air Flo Sensor? When traveling at 30- 40 mph or when car selects new gear refs can go a bit erratic up to 5500 revs no matter how gentle I am wth the throttle.
Anyone that can help this novice and new omega owner, I would be most greatful.
David

·
ITS ALIVE!
1,134 Posts
Have you checked the oil level in the box? Did they use the correct oil when they filled her up after the replacement of the seal?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sounds like the wrong Fluid type is in there, i've heard of a similar problem before when someone used Dexron II instead of Dexron III... Worth a call to the garage to ask what they put in it...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yep, Dexron III. Halfrauds sell a Castrol one and their own brand one, any brand will do as long as it's Dex III. I don't think it cause any damage as such, it just wont run 100%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.