Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Like the vids. :Cool2:

LOL, I've got it playing in the background while I'm surfing. And John Wayne's on the telly with the sound off! :lmao:

When I recorded some of a VxSCC R/R session, the quality was reduced a bit by the compression.
Hopefully, it will be better uncompressed on the CDs ?
I was just thinking, if a professional quality camcorder might give us a better result after downloading, I might talk to my bro, as it's what he used to do. I'll send him the links to the vids and see what he says. ;)

Torquemada said:
Like the vids. :Cool2:

LOL, I've got it playing in the background while I'm surfing. And John Wayne's on the telly with the sound off! :lmao:

When I recorded some of a VxSCC R/R session, the quality was reduced a bit by the compression.
Hopefully, it will be better uncompressed on the CDs ?
I was just thinking, if a professional quality camcorder might give us a better result after downloading, I might talk to my bro, as it's what he used to do. I'll send him the links to the vids and see what he says. ;)
The DV from the camera is pretty good(for a personal video camera) and the DVD produced is the same, as is the .AVI! The compression kills it......... DivX and Xvid still stuggle to get below 200MB.
Welcome to suggestions as i find all these formats/compressions very frustrating....Jamesm has done a good job to get the file size/quality trade off, and sound aligment.

Old Red said:
The DV from the camera is pretty good(for a personal video camera) and the DVD produced is the same, as is the .AVI! The compression kills it......... DivX and Xvid still stuggle to get below 200MB.
Welcome to suggestions as i find all these formats/compressions very frustrating....Jamesm has done a good job to get the file size/quality trade off, and sound aligment.
Absolutely, it's very reasonable. But I'd definately be up for a DVD copy. :Cool2:

Feck me!!!..cracking in-car vids..:up:
And watching Keith(Fluff) go blasting on by :lmao:

Jason said:
Steve is your incar footage ready yet?
Nowhere near ready. I have no way of uploading it onto my PC for a start.

It's a digital camcorder, but I don't have a cable or firewire card in my PC :rolleyes:

Any other suggestions, it's probably the best footage I've ever taken "in-car", due to the camera bracket Fluff made specially for Combe.

Old Red said:
i wonder if Fluff saw off the old XR2?
:lmao: You mean the black one????

Actually, seeing how stupidly fast that thing was later in the day, I'm surprised that it didn't seen to get away from us that quickly :Cool2:

Cracking video though. Love the way Fluff goes by on the first lap and races off into the distance. Doesn't look as quick as that in my video. Only watched the first half (at work). Will try and watch the rest later.

blotto_otto said:
just goes to show that the standard v6 vectra is a very capable car (capable as in no engine enhancing mods)
Strut brace, uprated suspension, decent Yokohama tyres, 308mm front brakes and uprated pads. And a f*cking nutter at the wheel! :lmao:

Oh yeah, and traction control switched off. Much better according to Keith.

Really want to put the in-car footage from Fluff's car online now too :rolleyes:

SteveW said:
I have to concur there.

My car isn't in the same handling league as Fluffs, but the traction control is just plain annoying for any kind of spirited driving. The delay is to much and it limits and inhibits the engine from picking up for ages. Not what you want with a flywheel weighing in at around 14kgs!

SteveW said:
:lmao: You mean the black one????

Actually, seeing how stupidly fast that thing was later in the day, I'm surprised that it didn't seen to get away from us that quickly :Cool2:

Cracking video though. Love the way Fluff goes by on the first lap and races off into the distance. Doesn't look as quick as that in my video. Only watched the first half (at work). Will try and watch the rest later.

Strut brace, uprated suspension, decent Yokohama tyres, 308mm front brakes and uprated pads. And a f*cking nutter at the wheel! :lmao:

Really want to put the in-car footage from Fluff's car online now too :rolleyes:

Steve
If you know anyone with a houshold DVD recorder you could put the DV to DVD on that easily, If you send it to myself (or Jamesm, I am sure he would help) one on us will convert, edit and host it!!
Just a thought!
another option, if you have a desktop i can get you a firewire card and cable post it!! windows xp movie maker is a free video editor.

Yes, I've been thinking about that. The guy I work with has a dvd recorder, so when I get the camcorder back (fluff's got it at the mo) I'll see if he can record it for me next week :Cool2:

Dunno why I didn't think of that :rolleyes:

:beer:

Old Red said:
Response from my bro :

it's not bad actually, 42MB for 12mins of video. If they shot it on PAL-DV (25 fps and 720 x 576) and wanted the web version encoded the same, instead of 320 x 240 and what appears to be about 15fps, then they'll have to increase the .wmv bitrate to at least 1.5Mbps so the file may end up about 320 MB...

Don't know what software they used for the web encode but Windows Media Encoder (free) offers full control over all parameters, but otherwise any editing software should offer the ability to encode your output file to the above settings.

He's going to try and check out hirers local to the Track area for me.. He mentioned that some High definition cams are now available at around the same price as medium range DV cams. But that's still £2/3000.
But they can be hired for around about £100 for a day's hire, (not surprising really) and they may want proof of insurance especially if you tell them it's going to be thrashed round a race track. :rolleyes: :lmao:

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.