Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

OldRed's main track video ...

11K views 41 replies 18 participants last post by  Old Red 
#1 ·
... approx 33Mb and 10minutes of .wmv ... enjoy!

The original file had some of those interlacing frame artefacts which, although smoothed a bit, still made it to the final conversion ...

Excellent sound and comments though!!! :up: Cheers Paul

(Not bad from a 2Gb file? ;) ey? - If you want to D/L it and host it yourself, just say so :up:)

cheers
James

InCar video now up:- (been through the conversion/ compression filter a couple of times now by the look of it, but a better video than the first I think :up:)

... 12mins and 42Mb of .wmv ...

#3 ·
it was my wife that recorded as paul was driving, the rest was himself, i still havent gotton round to sending paul what i recorded.

the omega went of, you should hear me say blotto, i`m sorry blotto, i know this not to be you but for some reason i had in my head that you were in an omega, despite just havin helped you change you front wheels on a vectra, all i can say is DOH..

Paul the rest of the clips, nice 1 m8y

#6 ·
Snail said:
it was my wife that recorded as paul was driving, the rest was himself, i still havent gotton round to sending paul what i recorded.

the omega went of, you should hear me say blotto, i`m sorry blotto, i know this not to be you but for some reason i had in my head that you were in an omega, despite just havin helped you change you front wheels on a vectra, all i can say is DOH..

lol, thats ok brian, the amount of cars i have had, i cant expect everyone to keep up lol!!

#8 ·
Snail said:

I cut the blotto in an Omega bit!! and thanks to Snail's wife who recorded the basic vid!
@James thanks i wouldn't have got it sorted in time. "interlacing frame artefacts"
In car 'footage' to follow, as you can see I had trouble extracting the DV from the camcorder and producing a file suitable for posting! The original as James says was nearly 2GB!
Download at work >700mbs

#23 ·
Like the vids. :Cool2:

LOL, I've got it playing in the background while I'm surfing. And John Wayne's on the telly with the sound off! :lmao:

When I recorded some of a VxSCC R/R session, the quality was reduced a bit by the compression.
Hopefully, it will be better uncompressed on the CDs ?
I was just thinking, if a professional quality camcorder might give us a better result after downloading, I might talk to my bro, as it's what he used to do. I'll send him the links to the vids and see what he says. ;)

#24 ·
Torquemada said:
Like the vids. :Cool2:

LOL, I've got it playing in the background while I'm surfing. And John Wayne's on the telly with the sound off! :lmao:

When I recorded some of a VxSCC R/R session, the quality was reduced a bit by the compression.
Hopefully, it will be better uncompressed on the CDs ?
I was just thinking, if a professional quality camcorder might give us a better result after downloading, I might talk to my bro, as it's what he used to do. I'll send him the links to the vids and see what he says. ;)
The DV from the camera is pretty good(for a personal video camera) and the DVD produced is the same, as is the .AVI! The compression kills it......... DivX and Xvid still stuggle to get below 200MB.
Welcome to suggestions as i find all these formats/compressions very frustrating....Jamesm has done a good job to get the file size/quality trade off, and sound aligment.

#25 ·
Old Red said:
The DV from the camera is pretty good(for a personal video camera) and the DVD produced is the same, as is the .AVI! The compression kills it......... DivX and Xvid still stuggle to get below 200MB.
Welcome to suggestions as i find all these formats/compressions very frustrating....Jamesm has done a good job to get the file size/quality trade off, and sound aligment.
Absolutely, it's very reasonable. But I'd definately be up for a DVD copy. :Cool2:

#26 ·
Feck me!!!..cracking in-car vids..:up:
And watching Keith(Fluff) go blasting on by :lmao:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.