Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insignia 2016 cdti tourer message on dash said oil change required a week ago, now it states only 3%...should I be worried...

·
13,709 Posts
Better option than worrying is to get an oil and filter change sorted and the oil life reset. No huge problem if you go a bit over but for good engine life best to get it done, particularly on the Insignia.

·
Premium Member
15,156 Posts
As previously stated. Best to use 5w 30, Dexos 2 oil. Also a good time to change the diesel filter too. Diesel filter should be changed once every two years, I change it yearly for what it costs.

·
Super Moderator
26,857 Posts
Crucial you change the oil not just for the well being of the engine but the DPF , clean oil helps keep the DPF in good operating condition.
Over time the oil gets dirty & contaminated from diesel oil & other fine particles which isn’t good for your DPF life span.
Modern motor oil is designed to take on more tasks than just lubricating an engine but the good news is unlike oil of old , the latest oils have a greater operating window so if you go over by a thousand miles you’ll be fine.

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As previously stated. Best to use 5w 30, Dexos 2 oil. Also a good time to change the diesel filter too. Diesel filter should be changed once every two years, I change it yearly for what it costs.
JJust bought some 5/30 checked dip and full oil... Thinking its a service prompt... Was last serviced Oct, got it booked in in 2wks time with a mates garage for full service, cheers lads... 👍🏼

·
Premium Member
15,156 Posts
JJust bought some 5/30 checked dip and full oil... Thinking its a service prompt... Was last serviced Oct, got it booked in in 2wks time with a mates garage for full service, cheers lads... 👍🏼
Mine does not lose any visible oil between changes either. How many miles have you done since it's last service back in Oct? My service prompt tends to come up yearly, as I usually cover 10-12k a year. It's usually yearly up to 20k a year, dependent on driving style too, can be earlier. This is according to the official service schedule, although 20k oil changes would be stretching it a bit. I'm usual at 5% a month prior to my due service date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts