Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my old Astra Mk1, all I needed to do was get a dash from the scrappies which had the Oil Pressure Gauge built-in (my original dash came with an 'econometer' - a useless intake manifold vacum gauge), then buy a sender unit that had both the switch and gauge connectors to replace the original switch-only sender unit (cost 50 quid new from VX).

As there is no standard dash with built-in Oil Pressure Gauge for the Omega, has anyone come across a neat solution - other then sticking VDO gauges on top of the dash?

Also, an oil temp gauge would have been nice, located wither on the intake or outlet of the oil cooler, but maybe I am asking too much...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Funny you should mention those three particular gauges, as I have a Vacuum guage, an oil pressure and an oil temperature gauge sat in my spare room left over from my last Rover project. I had been toying with the idea of fitting into the Omega dash. Remove the ashtray, and stick thim in there. Well I don't smoke... :)

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
It wasn't fitted to the omega - but the Cadilac catera (same car) had an oil pressure gauge built into the dash. it had an electric sender unit inplace of the oil pressure switch.
markjay said:
On my old Astra Mk1, all I needed to do was get a dash from the scrappies which had the Oil Pressure Gauge built-in (my original dash came with an 'econometer' - a useless intake manifold vacum gauge), then buy a sender unit that had both the switch and gauge connectors to replace the original switch-only sender unit (cost 50 quid new from VX).

As there is no standard dash with built-in Oil Pressure Gauge for the Omega, has anyone come across a neat solution - other then sticking VDO gauges on top of the dash?

Also, an oil temp gauge would have been nice, located wither on the intake or outlet of the oil cooler, but maybe I am asking too much...

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the oil pressure gauge is one of two additional gauges (the other is Ampmeter or Voltmeter?) that reside in the dash instead of the MID.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I used to have a Vauxhall Viceroy that had the Oil Pressure and Battery Meter. I would happily junk the MID for those two extra gauges. For some reason they dont seem to be fashionable anymore in modern cars. Even my old BMW boxer motorcycle has a battery meter they are just so useful and reassuring and give much better early warning of trouble then a MID.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts