Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys my mate bought a combo D today with 240k yes 240k on the clock and the oil light is flashing at him I’m clued up on Astra h’s bought not these could anyone help me out on this one please.

·
Premium Member
14,652 Posts
This is the ecu telling you the engine needs an oil change, its usually based on the number of regens (failed or otherwise) that the vehicles done.. the oil will most likely be contaminated with diesel and possibly way over the max level so its best to check the oil level before anything else.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Y
Yes mate it should be ok.. just make sure the chains not rattling, if it is get it replaced before it snaps.(y)
eah I’ll tell him he’s a plasterer and has no clue about motors but I’ll tell him he likes to leave things till next week hahaha

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
As above 3.2 is correct, done oil change on Mrs d 1.3 not long ago... filter a bit annoying to change ! Nice mileage 240k lol hers is a 2012 as it's on 28k bough it at 12k just over year ago

·
Premium Member
14,652 Posts
Yes mate, these have a chain instead of a belt, when it wears/stretches it will rattle a bit like the old corsa c timing chains.

·
Premium Member
14,652 Posts
I think the Combo D is on mdi, i think you have Tech 2 dont you..just plug it in and have a look through the list.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think the Combo D is on mdi, i think you have Tech 2 dont you..just plug it in and have a look through the list.
Yes mate Tech2 I have Vauxcom aswell and I think it will work with that as combo d comes up on the laptop

1 - 17 of 17 Posts