Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Yes its the intercooler pipe from the turbo.

Does the car smoke or whine?

May be worth checking the turbo for play and oil leaks.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also the turbo is on the far left side when looking under bonnet and this pipe is on the far right so not sure it's turbo related. Its definitely the intercooler pipe and from reading up on here people say its from the engine breather pipe? Are theh suppose to have oil in the intercool pipe tho?

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Ok so that pipe your talking about will go to the intake ie maf, throttle body etc and the crank breather pipe will locate on the pipe near the intake/tb off the rocker cover so take it off and check it.

From the turbo there is an inter cooler pipe, the turbo forces air charge down this pipe and the intercooler will cool the air down as it passes through the other side, then too the other side pipe of the intercooler where it connects to the intake etc.

A intercooler that is clogged with oil ain't healthy but if it's a breather pipe problem a clean of the pipes etc will sort it out.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,656 Posts
What's the service history like on this remapped Insignia ?

Reactions: oberlisc

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update. It turns out the oil leak is from my power steering. Ive called vx service centre who said it might be covered by the 5yr / 100000 miles warranty. She said to book it into my local dealer to check the problem and get them to call the warranty team. Thing is when i bought the car 8 weeks ago i called them to see if it was part of the recall and she said it wasnt my chassis.
After digging around today people say its covered for chassis numbers , the service action is said to cover 6900 Diesel Insignias built in Germany between 2009 and 2010, with VIN numbers between 91005347 and 91084519 my vin is 910589** (masked last 2 digits) so is mine actualy covered? Its a 2009 cdti sri

·
Premium Member
11,133 Posts
Update. It turns out the oil leak is from my power steering. Ive called vx service centre who said it might be covered by the 5yr / 100000 miles warranty. She said to book it into my local dealer to check the problem and get them to call the warranty team. Thing is when i bought the car 8 weeks ago i called them to see if it was part of the recall and she said it wasnt my chassis.
After digging around today people say its covered for chassis numbers , the service action is said to cover 6900 Diesel Insignias built in Germany between 2009 and 2010, with VIN numbers between 91005347 and 91084519 my vin is 910589** (masked last 2 digits) so is mine actualy covered? Its a 2009 cdti sri
I don't think it's a matter of if your car is listed in the recall, its getting your dealer to accept the fact it is in the recall, a lot of dealers can't be arsed with checking usually just try to fob you off with " No its not on the list" but if you have proof that it is print it off and take it to your dealer and if your not happy with the answer ring Vauxhall customer services, also check the VOSA recall website.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone got a copy of the service bulleting that was online yhat showed the recalls that the garages got? Was on the watchdog webby but its gone now. Just the original story of the car fire remains.
Seems odd how the call centre had my vin on file and never said mine was covered under the recall.

·
Premium Member
11,133 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.