Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this has been on my mind a while, so trying to get it resolved.
Zafira B 2011 A17DTJ engine so 1.7 CDTI Ecoflex.

Oil is around the front engine mount and beside exhaust leaving engine, so in the turbo area. Looking up you can see oil splatters all around this section, but I'm struggling to directly identify the part leaking oil, it's not dripping, so seems to only be a light misting but with driving this spreads/splashes.

Difficult I know, but any suggestions on identifying the oil leak or a common point for the leak in this area?
I've tried to dry/clean it and try again but seems to just get totally splattered again!

Does anyone have an exploded/parts diagram of the turbo, pipes, etc, for reference that I can use to try and identify the area and parts/pipes involved?
Thanks!

·
13,336 Posts
Either the turbo oil feed or the turbo oil drain.

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, yes suspecting the feed or drain but as it's so difficult to get at i'm trying to work out best solution.

I cleaned it up using my mini steam cleaner and some cloths yesterday, then today after work took another look (40 mile round trip) and there is oil but only seemingly in a small spot now.

On the first photo I've circled the torx bolt that seems to have an oil drip formed on it, I can't work out how that's got there though.

Any ideas best way of tackling this? Access is difficult, so potentially try to tighten the torx?

·
13,336 Posts
There is also the possibility that the turbo itself is failing and leaking oil out.
Agree that access is tight - that's why I have left mine alone for the last few years but mine is not spraying, just making the area under the turbo drain oily. In my case I am 99% sure it is the rubber oil return elbow.

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
If it's not dripping, then I would leave it alone, just keep an eye on it occaisionally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts