Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a oil leak on my Astra. However, I am undecided on whether it's the rocker cover or number 21 on the picture. I believe it's the latter due to the oil looks like its spraying out while driving. There's droplets on the underside of the bonnet, on the oil filter cover, over the fuel rail etc.
I just wanted to know if the failure of "21" would cause oil to leak?
Thanks

Attachments

·
13,092 Posts
If 21 is leaking then it is diesel that is leaking out.
The smell alone should tell you whether it is diesel or engine oil.

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Koicarkeeper. Thanks for your reply.
I smell no diesel at all, but I question those rubber seals due to the fact that they sit in the rocker cover. So I was thinking that the outer part of the rubber seal stops the oil, whereas the inner part is a seal for fuel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have just done that Jay 👌🏻
I've found the problem. 3 of the rubber seals are like this.....
Is this caused by the actual injector seals, ie. the copper washer? Or is it just these rubber seals - I'm a little confused as these rubbers seals around the fuel pipe to injector seem to be difficult to get a hold of, and I haven't found anything online about these leaking

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
It might be worth trying autovaux for the parts, other people on here seem to find them good.
Other than that, it might be a dealer only part, or part of a gasket set.
That seal only pushes over the injector extension piece (actually, are they pushed right home on your car).
Bear in mind that you should remove the injectors to sort this out, so you will need those seals, injector copper washers and o ring seals, injector seals in the cam cover, and a cam cover gasket/seal. You are also supposed to change the injector pipes as well (they are supposed to be single use, but I've always got away with re-using them).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It might be worth trying autovaux for the parts, other people on here seem to find them good.
Other than that, it might be a dealer only part, or part of a gasket set.
That seal only pushes over the injector extension piece (actually, are they pushed right home on your car).
Bear in mind that you should remove the injectors to sort this out, so you will need those seals, injector copper washers and o ring seals, injector seals in the cam cover, and a cam cover gasket/seal. You are also supposed to change the injector pipes as well (they are supposed to be single use, but I've always got away with re-using them).

Thanks Alan, I have tried both autovaux and a dealer. But like you said, they come part of a set at a cost of £195. However, I have managed to track some down and order some. I a going to try and fit them while the injectors are in situ, as the Vauxhall manuals say that those can only be fitted once injectors are in place. I will wait for them to arrive, and give it a go. Fingers crossed that it ends up being a easy repair and stops the leaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts