Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Found a leak of oil around the throttle body in my 1.6 zafira 04 year. I think it is the throttle body according to reference pictures i have found on this site. The oil dosnt look fresh and the throttle body, if i am right, is behind the engine and connected to a big black hose from the air intake pipe. I have also had the following problems over the last year.

Cutting out at junctions periodically
In lower gears it is hesitant to accelerate
Struggling to start again when warm periodically
Juddering clutch in first when cold periodically

The car has done 30k. Is there anything that would connect all the problems or am i just dreaming? Please help so i can fix the bloody thing and blame the wife for her erratic driving. Buying a house so cant send it to the dealers so halfords here i come!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I said i would give a try and get back to you. Just had a look at it and need help on what to do and not to do on cleaning the throttle body. I have carb cleaner but a little scared of doing somthing wrong any help would be appreciated. Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Sorry I said i would give a try and get back to you. Just had a look at it and need help on what to do and not to do on cleaning the throttle body. I have carb cleaner but a little scared of doing somthing wrong any help would be appreciated. Cheers
there is a guide on this page, follow it step by step and all will be well, by the way i know its an astra but astra/zafira engines are the same just different shell.
http://www.astraownersclub.com/documents/technical/TB.pdf

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Done it today, what a difference, cant believe that some gunge around the butterfly could cause so much. By the way anyone trying this when spraying carb cleaner dont get it on your lips, as it burns like hell.

Thanks to all who gave advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts