Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

vectraman
Discussion Starter #1
decided to change my oil on the insignia 1.8 and bought a new sump plug too from vauxhall, sump bolt won't tight up just keeps spinning managed to take that one off and reused old one again, oil is holding now.... lets assume i have threaded the bolt which would fail? as in which one is stronger the sump or the bolt?? please advise as i might be looking at a new sump one little bit of metal fell off the bolt???
bring back the vectra dropped the oil every six months like a clock for 6 years and never ever anything like this!! please help馃槴馃槴馃槴

Premium Member
Is the plug screwing into an aluminium sump, or a steel one?
If it's an aluminium one, then the likelyhood is that the thread in the sump is stripped. If so, it may be possible to either fit a helicoil to take it back to standard, or get it tapped out to the next size and get a matching plug.
It it's into steel, then either the sump or plug could be stripped.
This is the reason I use a pump to change the oil through the dipstick tube!

Worn Out Member
It'll be an ali sump and the female torx type plug on the 1.8 2HO engine,
so most likely the sump thread gone

vectraman
Discussion Starter #4
so oil its now holding on and no leaks whatsoever how difficult is to change the sump on this ones? is it just exhaust out and thats it? i have never used a helicoil so i wouldnt know how to use one..... im going crazy here.... bring the vectra back used to have oil change every 6 months for 6 yrars and that never
happened

vectraman
Discussion Starter #5
Right i have ordered a oil pump after reading different opinions i think thats the way things are being done in some garages ill give it a go in 6months, just pump the oil out of a dipstick sounds and looks cool
thanks all for your help? 馃憣馃憤馃檹

1 - 5 of 5 Posts