Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so have been doing a bit of cleaning on my Combo (Z14XEP) of the EGR and throttle body before moving on to testing and cleaning (where possible) sensors.

Some time ago I was sold "ASK Uncured HI TEMP SILICONE" on the basis it is safe to use all around the engine, though I now know this is not the case as some products will react with some chemicals and damage o2 sensors. I tried to do some research on the product but can not find it anywhere and the company "Shiow Fa Enterprise Co" have very little information on themselves let alone their products.

Should I take the EGR and throttle body back out and remove the silicone and replace with other sealants, or is there products to flush through contaminants (removing o2 sensors first of course). I do realise flushing stuff into the air intakes ends up in the engine so of am expecting to flush and change oil there as well.

I would prefer to replace the gaskets without sealants but only found german companies that stock them, I need to get back on the road asap.

On top of that I also found a few of the screw holding the erg to be tighter than the 8nm recommended, should I use a tread lock or what would you recommend.
I have Triple QX Threadlock and seal which says it is oil tolerant but can it be used around used metal gaskets for a seal. (Maybe this is a separate thread in its self)

Apologies for the long message, and thanks in advance for any assistance

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should note that the engine has been started and warmed up to just under full operating temperature, but not driven any where.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
If you have started it and warmed it up, it should be fine as it is.
As for changing the oil, any bits getting into the engine will have been burned up, so unless it's due a change, I wouldn't bother.

Reactions: Totrue

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou, it looks like the o2 sensors are due a clean/replace anyway. should I take it for a good run first to make sure all silicone deposits are disposed of before I do this?

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
I would be very surpised if the sealer contaminated the O2 sensors, give it a good run & see what happens.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be very surpised if the sealer contaminated the O2 sensors, give it a good run & see what happens.
oh i should have included the head gasket went after overheating and was skimmed and repaired about 6 weeks ago, did an oil flush and change, and coolant as well after driving a further 1000 mile. noticed a misfire a couple of days ago so decided to go over all the parts the garage suggested to check which o2 sensors were one as the coolant is said to cause damage.
the cleaning started as found small leak of something at the top of the throttle body when I took off the air tubes found loads of gunk. Am ordering an Opcom but really need to be back on the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts