Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We go shopping on a Tuesday evening and always park in the same place. 3 weeks running now I come out of the shop, go to start the car and the car with spanner 馃敡light is flashing. The car is immobilised. Take the key 馃攽 out and switch the ignition back on and it's fine.
Never does it anywhere else.
Going to take my spare key 馃攽 next week to see if it plays up with that one.
It does set a fault code of wrong immobilizer signal, or something like that, it's still logged at the moment because I want to see if Torque Pro can see and clear it so I don't get stranded somewhere. At the moment though it is only doing that at that one location.

The only thing that has changed in the area is that they are remodelling the building next door, turning it into one large shop rather than two combined units.

Meriva 1.7 2006.

Never come across anything like this and their car park doesn't look like it's full of immobilised vehicles either.

Premium Member
Astra K 1.4t (150) auto SRI NAV
It's possible that you have an intermittent issue that has just occurred by luck at this car park. I've had similar intermittent issues with previous vauxhalls, for no apparent reasons, not at the same place though. Turn the ignition key & nothing, sometimes have a dash immobiliser fault, sometimes not. Turn ignition fully off & on, then would fire up immediately again. Did the same with my spare. Had this occur a few times with my previous two Astra J, 2.0cdti's. Wasn't often, maybe on average once a month or less. may happen twice within one week, then nothing again for 3 months. This has also occurred twice with my current K, twice within one week, then nothing for 3 months prior to this & been fine for around 2 weeks since. Even took it to the dealers, as it's still under warranty. Did a diagnostic on it & nothing found. Asked me to video it if it were to happen again.

Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See what happens next Tuesday when I next park there because 3 out of 3 is looking to be more than coincidence.

Premium Member
Astra K 1.4t (150) auto SRI NAV
Be interesting to find out with your spare. With my J's this prob mainly occurred on my drive, although it did once replicate it's self within the same Lidl carpark on two occasions. During the second time my car started OK, but the immobiliser light was flashing on my dash for a couple of minutes whilst driving, then went off. Then didn't occur again for at least another month or so. With my K, completely different places with no dash light, although it's also possible this is not related to my immobiliser either. The second time It happened with my K, I put my auto stick out of park & into drive & back again, turned the key again, nothing. Then turned my ignition fully off, back on, started straight up again. Then it was diagnostic checked by the dealer.

Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
Meriva A has 3 things:
  • UN immo unit fails. LS are the best, never fail
  • dash instruments plug, coming from a bad Corsa C habit
  • contact slot, the electrical part. If ecu and immo don't get energized in exact same moment, this error happens. Immo transaction happens once and if sync is missed, no start.

Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well a bit disappointed that it didn't do it again last night but I couldn't park where I normally park. So the mystery continues - still never done it anywhere else than in the two parking bays I normally use.
See what happens next week.

Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well OK then perhaps Lidl isn't to blame after all - it did it in the drive of Koi Castle last night - wrong immobilizer signal received. Code wouldn't clear while the spanner light was flashing but cleared once I had cycled the ignition.
Still haven't put my spare key in the car so will have to do that later to rule out the key being the issue.

I quite liked the idea of some strange space / time continuum lurking in Lidl's car park...... :alien::alien::alien:

Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well today I lost the speedo. Rev counter working fine but speedo gone on holiday and sat on zero. Cycling the ignition didn't help.
Was going to try an output test on the speedo using OpCom but when I went out tonight it is working again.
Is the immobilizer part of the IPC? Wondering if the instrument pack is failing?

Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
Cold solder joints at the ipc step motor. Or left front wheel speed sensor fault code. Ipc is part of immo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts