Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vectra c 2007 reg. 1.8 petrol. Car will not start.fuel pump not running. Rear fuse box green relay no power to pin 85 of fuel pump relay. Tried another fuse box still the same. We're does it get this power for pin 85.thanks

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Hi, According to my circuit diagrams pin 85 is powered from the Engine Control Unit Pin 49 on connector XC93.
It seems to enter the rear unit on Pin B11 on XR2
Somewhere between the ECU and REC these seems to be connector X4 with the fuel pump signal on pin 8.
Doesn't make much sense without having the parts in front of me:confused: ..... and my reading of the diagrams might be complete balls:eek:.
But I hope its some help:)

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Is it something simple like a knackered crank/ cam sensor?

On the Omega when they fail it doesn't send a signal to the fuel pump, making it look like lack of fuel is the issue because the pump isn't working, I would go looking there first before messing about with wires

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Probably worth trying jumping a known good 12v to relay pin 85 with a lead and see if it will run.
[For safety though, probably best to disconnect B11 incase the ECU doesn't like 12v input on an output.]
Also a continuity (with a multi-meter) test between pin 85 on the ECU and XR2 pin B11 would be useful.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Fred's multi message for non starters,,,

Engine won't start some real basic tests to do.
A 12 V bulb circuit tester, multimeter, battery drop tester and code reader, are useful tools.
Petrol's
1 Does the engine turn over (check battery, starter, connections, immobilzer)
2 Do code test (use good code reader, of eobd origin)
3 Make sure Immobilizer is deactivated (may have canbus problem, check light on dash)
4 Check for a spark at plugs (put plug in end of lead, earth to block, crank over)
5 Check for fuel pressure and delivery and fresh fuel (press schrader valve in on fuel rail, try easystart)
6 Check cam belt or chain isn't broken and timing is right (look in oil cap hole and crank over)
7 Make sure air can get in engine and exhaust isn't blocked (The engine is basically an air pump)

Diesel's
1 Does it turn over fairly fast (check battery, starter, connections, immobilzer)
2 Do code test (use good code reader, of eobd origin)
3 Make sure immobilizer is deactivated (may have canbus problem, check light on dash)
4 Check compressions are not low
5 Make sure cam belt or chain isn't broken and timing is ok (look in oil cap hole and crank over)
6 Check fuel pressure and delivery (try easystart to test it)
7 Check fuel system of air leaks and clean fuel
8 Make sure air can get in engine and exhaust isnt blocked (The engine is basically an air pump)
From Fred in Essex 2017.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Fitted a engine ecu.still will not start. If I backfeed pin 85 to fuel pump relay car will start.but fuel pump constantly running. Checked pin 85 to ecu wire this is fine. So leads me to believe ecu is missing some voltage. If I bridge fuel pump relay still will not start. The only way is to power pin 85 of relay back to ecu. Need help thanks

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Have you got power supply to ecu relay on pin 30 and probably 85, have you programmed the ecu? i suppose if it runs it must be...immobilizer is off i presume...Fred.

·
Worn Out Member
6,577 Posts
85 is fed from X93/pin 49
30 from FR10
Untitled picture.png
Untitled picture2.png

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a update I found the fault. 4 broken wires to the Ecu.just at rear of engine coming of the Ecu plug. The loom fits to engine via a clip tie.it must flex there and cause this problem,wires had gone green. There were definitely 2 broken wires but done other 2 for safe measure.thanks for all help​

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Well done!
Thanks for reporting back - could well help someone else in future:)

Reactions: andyl and g4vvq1983
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.