Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People

I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of help - i have recently brought a 54 plate 1.0 12v corsa but it is very noisy (sounds like a diesel) when i pull away and there is alot of vibration - the car salemans insists it is a normal noise for a 1.0 litre corsa but im not too sure think he is trying to pull the wool over my eyes. They did service it before i brought the car but i don't 100% trust these dealerships especially as i didnt but it from a vauxhall dealer. Would appreciate any suggestions to what this may be!!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
It should not sound like a diesel with the windows wound up, and it shouldn't vibrate much either. (They do vibrate a little at tickover, because of the missing cylinder.)
When you succede in winding it up to 5000rpm, it should snarl like a motorbike.

I don't know what you are comparing it with however.
Do you not know anyone else with one, who could run you round the block so you can listen to theirs?

Never believe "They all do that, Sir" (only when they are broken usually).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My brother had a 1.0 litre corsa as a courtesy car and he said that it sounded the same - but u know when u get that gutt feelin something aint right!!

Just hoping its nothing major wrong with it - sounds pretty normal while drivin along its only when i pull away or reverse but not if i use little revs?!?!?!

Thanks for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts