Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two weeks ago i had my a/c regassed after my compressor broke. Now i seem to be getting a bubbling sound coming from what seems to be the evaporator behind the dash board.

The noise is quite loud when the engine is first started and after a few seconds it quietens down to a sort of low gargling sound. Its sounds as if there may be air in the system.

I would take it back to the garage where i had the regas done but i will have no time before i drive to france on thursday.

Anyone any ideas, is there any way to bleed air out of the system without losing any gas?

·
Club Barge
3,467 Posts
Hello,

Unfortunately there is no way to bleed air out the system, without letting all the refridgant out as well, I'd also advise against breaking into the system yourself, the refridgant is nasty stuff.

Is the air coming out nice and cool?

The other possibility is that they may have broken into the cooling circuit, thus meaning there's an airlock in the matrix. Turn your heater to full hot, does any heat come out? if not, you have an airlock in the cooling system, you'll need to run the engine till hot, turn the heater to full hot and open the header tank (remove expansion cap) squeezing the top hose will gradually tease the airlock out of the cooling system and allow it to escape.

HTH,

James

·
VxON's only German Shepherd
6,939 Posts
Sounds more like an airlock in the coolant. It'll happen when you start up and increase a little when revved. As said above you can try and tease it out or else you could try draining and refilling the system.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your suggestions guys,

Sorry I forgot to mention that the sound goes away if i turn the A/C off. Could it still be an airlock in the coolant?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive just tried your suggestions now, I am getting hot air from the heater if i turn it all the way to hot. I think i'll have to take it back to the garage, i'll have to try to get some time off work!!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Sounds like you might have a leak in the A/C and its low on gas,
if thats the prob youll find out soon because itll stop getting cold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts