Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i have recently had a slight problem!!

i drive a 54 plate vivaro 1.9 cdti
today i was driving home from my job ( about 45 min journey) and stopped at my local merchants to pick up a coupla peices and when i got back in my van and went to start it i had no throttle at all??
it was ticking over at idle like normal but when i put my foot on the accellerator there was no revving of the engine at all?
i did put it in gear and when brought upto to biting point it wanted to move but still no response from the throttle so im gunna say the gearbox is fine but after sat for a min or two i put my foot on throttle and all of a sudden it comes back!!???
i havent jacked it up yet to have a look but could just do with some advice on what to check or even what it could be to fix it? any advice is very welcome and apreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
this is a normal problem on these vans, lots of people have this normally on initial start up from cold in a morning. first thing to do is check the blue plug and socket in the fusebox under the expansion bottle, N19 has done a thread on here with common problems, have a search and it shows a picture of the offending article. give it a clean with contact cleaner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and talk about problematic vans........ the glow plug/ coil light is now comin on an staying on when i start up van! any ideas why cos the reason i can think of is the obvious i need to change the glow plugs!!

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
That double as a management light aswell but it could be plugs, glow plug timer or something else. it needs plugging in to opcom to know for sure, if you do the glow plugs do them while the engine is warm, you could try unplugging the glow plug caps see if it goes off

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
and talk about problematic vans........ the glow plug/ coil light is now comin on an staying on when i start up van! any ideas why cos the reason i can think of is the obvious i need to change the glow plugs!!
its probably not glow plugs, it will be some other component, mass air flow or other crap part.

·
Premium Member
2,840 Posts
the light will be the throttle pedal fault stored, disconnect battery for reset, i think 3 mins is enough to drain the memory storage. Sometimes that pink wire burns quite badly and takes surrounding component feeds with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
this is a normal problem on these vans, lots of people have this normally on initial start up from cold in a morning. first thing to do is check the blue plug and socket in the fusebox under the expansion bottle, N19 has done a thread on here with common problems, have a search and it shows a picture of the offending article. give it a clean with contact cleaner.
Having the same problems looked under expansion tank but don't understand which plug it is the only blue plug is connecting several wire's together is that it or is it a module?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.