Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there im new here

I have recently brought a vectra as a run around after having a Astra sri that had to sell. The vectra is on a R plate 98 but the only problem with it is i have no power to the radio or the radio/clock display can any one help me with this?

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Its not that I hate them, just that one happened to get in my way the other day:mmmm Lucky it was only slow, but what do they expect if they just stop for no good reason???:lmao:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the radio is all wired propery cant see that a fuse is out but not sure what one it is can any one help with that

J

·
0 Posts
is it a vauxhall radio or an aftermarket one? do your hazard warning lights work as sometimes with aftermarket radios they can pop the fuse to the hazzards, stereo certain instruments.

sounds like a fuse somewhere

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its is a vauxhall one, but tried another one too, the hazzards do work but the information screen/clock doesnt work either. Checked the fuse which also runs the hazzards and milage trip but still they dont work this one is puzzling. All the wires seem to be in order and conected properly.

·
Are Your Buffalo Wings Spicy?
971 Posts
Your right, that is a Puzzler! The only thing I can suggest you do, is check the 12v live with a Multi-Meter, or Electricians Screwdriver to see if there is power being fed to the stereo. If not (and you have checked the fuses) its more than likely to be a break in the wire.

If you do however get a 12v reading from the live cable, check the earth cable for continuity. Afterall, if you cant get a completed circuit, then your not gonna have tunes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts