Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I have a 1996 P reg vauxhall corsa and i have just bought a sony CD player. I took the old CAR 200 player out and connect the new one in as shown and everything, but i get nothing. So i took it to halfords and they say that the problem appears to be that i have no ignition feed to the stereo. Its annoying because the people at halfords say that this is really uncommon. Just my luck!!!:(

Was wondering if anyone has any hints or tips as to getting it sorted.
(btw this is my first post )

Thanks guys

·
aka wallop
945 Posts
its normally a blown fuse, if memory serves me correctly its in the upper left corner of the fuse box,(difficult to find)...

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi i think that some of the ignition barrels have the switched wire missing i found that the best thing was to find a fuse that went live with the ignition and run a relay from it .worked fine for my lads one is best to double check the fuses as already posted as i think it was only the Corsa C this happened on and only a limited few
regards
Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not the fuses, the people at halfords checked all of them and they all work. However i have just looked att eh connector bloc in the corsa and the connector for the stero. Theyellow wire (ignition wire) connects to a socket that has wire on the corsa end. So i am missing the ignition wire.

Anyone know how to fit one, or how to do the relay thing someone suggested?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh no worries guys, me and my brother have sorted it now. Thanks to all of your suggestions, but in the end all we did was swap the wire on the stereo connector block with the wire that needed to be in contact with the +ve lead and it now works fine =D

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts