Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you all know had problem with mechanic fitting rocker gaskket because he snapped multiram plug which meant electrical light illuminated all the time went back to garage today he fitted the new part which was like a valve have drove away from garage within 10 miles engine management light on and a slight rattle from the front of the plenum with a strange like tapping noise but is more like sucking or breathing wrong if that makes sense !! also found exhaust has seperated and is rotten !! so got to get new one tomorrow have only had car a week and have never known so many problems can anyone help or tell me what problem could be thanks rick

C

·
0 Posts
I would say take it back to him again, but don't know if that's a good idea!
So what's happened, just the exhaust, or has he left something loose?
Must be a reason for flagging the light up, again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
different light actual engine management light now not the electrical light nothing else has happened just the mechanic has touched it again!!!!! found exhaust prob just by chance !

R

·
0 Posts
Could be EGR if they had plenum off. Check the EGR on the drivers side of the plenum. The polug may not be in right and the whole thing may not be done up either. BE WARNED it gets VERY hot, so do this before you drive tomorrow.

If it is not done up it will sound like the exhaust blowing and give you the symptoms you are describing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no its not that one its the one thats next to the jet garage and the chippy on the other corner on the one way system

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
What I can't understand is why when people take the plenum off they remove it this way????????????
We have always left the egr and the idle air control on the plenum - save's disturbing that joint / gasket and saves time - is this something in the Haynes manual that tells you to do it this way? (I've not read one on the Omega)

They were fitted as one unit in the engine plant and always removed in Russelsheim as one unit!!
and thats the way we still take them off

Just a tip guy's looks like your making more work for yourselve's

Paul M said:
LOL... I guess HTML is disabled ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts