22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys and gals newbie here..

i drive a 2.5v6 omega elite 2000 facelift
satin red
shadow grey leather 4xheated
bose/phone
i love it...
this site is great seems a friendly place.
like omegas because they are a great all round car.
owned for 6 months now but just found this site..
hope you all keeping well.
eddie spaghetti

·
VXons resident Priest
3,965 Posts
Welcome to vxon Mr Spaghetti, you'll find we're a pretty friendly bunch on here.

R

·
0 Posts
Welcome mate.:Cool2:

1st things 1st. Cambelt.

The cambelt and tensioner have a MAXIMUM life of 40k or 4 years, whichever is sooner. If yours hasn't been changed within that time/mileage, you should think very seriously about doing it tomorrow.

Post up some history on your car and we will advise accordingly what you should check/ see has been done. Mileage will help.

See, what a nice bunch we are.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ...great advice..
first thing i did was cambelt...car has done 79,600mls due for 80 000 service soon and new exhaust is going on tommorrow. i also had air con serviced and re gassed. rear tyre wear is uneven so needs a 4 wheel alignment..
fvsh so far , so just toying who to do service wether keep vauxhall or use independent garage?
any help with this decision greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
It seems you are fully on top of things.

I'd suggest moving to an independent garage. When you come to sell a 5+ year old car as long as you have a full set of service stamps (whoever they are from) that will be just fine.

R

·
0 Posts
I agree with Jason.

Dare I ask, did Vauxhall change the water pump when they did the cambelt and I have to ask if they did the tensioners?

Water pump is not essential, but we did 6 V6 cambelts yesterday. 5 of those cars needed new water pumps. 2 were on 80k.

Not a major problem, would have been very easy to do at the same time as cambelt as you have to strip everything down to the cambelt to reach the pump.

Should be a nice car. Pics always speak a thousand words, so stick a picture on here when you can.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wellcome to the sight Eddie,:Cool2: Yes your right we are a freindly bunch on here,and alot of posters have a vast wealth of info on driving and looking after your luxobarge, so if you've got any questions just ask away:Cool2:as finlay reccommends probably the single most important thing to keep on top of is the cam belt and tensioner change:eh failure to do so can mean the engine goes into self destruct mode, bent valve stems cracked guides and damaged pistons

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes the tensioners were done thanks..water pump wasn't.cambelt party looked excellent..cool idea have looked at the thread and pictures..would have loved to have joined in and helped. although my mechanical skills really are very very limited.
will post pictures of car when i work out how too.

thanks again
eddie spaghetti

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
eddie spaghetti said:
yes the tensioners were done thanks..water pump wasn't.cambelt party looked excellent..cool idea have looked at the thread and pictures..would have loved to have joined in and helped. although my mechanical skills really are very very limited.
will post pictures of car when i work out how too.

thanks again
eddie spaghetti
go to www.imageshack.us and upload the picture (use 'browse', then 'host it').

The copy the first 'link for forums' into your post.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts