Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted my new wishbones today, swore at the car :lmao:

Right ive done the bolts up to the right torque with the torque wrench and done the angle sequence but the problem i have is that when i took it out for a test run they made a not very loud klunk from drivers side then this evening when i was reverse parking outside the chinese take out place it made a really loud klunk noise when i done full lock which sounded like something broke.

I checked underneath and all looks ok so do these new wishbone have to settle or something?

Seems to drive ok, havent the slipping wheel feeling anymore and the drive feels alot better and theres been no more noises like this since

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Arb...? rubber mounts not sitting right?

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
settling in? who knows.. I worry too... I worriedwhen the noise stopped after had the new exhaust fitted.

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Envoy CDX said:
settling in? who knows.. I worry too... I worriedwhen the noise stopped after had the new exhaust fitted.
Thats coz you start to hear new noises that that noise used to hide :lmao:

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
""Waits for the {you should of put the spacers in} crew to come out of the woodwork""

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
just check your anti-roll bar drop links......
one may of broke if over tightened on refit (or like me not tight enough)

Oh yeah you did fit the sleaves lol (joking i aint on any o mine)

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i fitted them spacers lol, only coz they came with the arms :O

Must admit that the ball joints on the linkages were very floppy :lmao:

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
Mat said:
""Waits for the {you should of put the spacers in} crew to come out of the woodwork""

:lmao: you mean ppl like me. im al for them, but ive heard you dont need them.

check your ARB links. u absolutely sure everything is tight? it doesnt have a broken spring too does it?

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Mat said:
Im not even going there with regards the sleeves :lmao:

;)

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
dave's.cavy said:
Thats coz you start to hear new noises that that noise used to hide :lmao:
This is true.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
done my wishbones today went for a spin and i have a klonking noise (dint no bout these sleeves) will it be ok to drive the car buy the sleeves and refit - feckin partco asked is this all i need - 'yes mate ' -ok then

is it ok to drive without thge sleeves - i cant reuse the old ones they were absolutly knackered :shame:

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
sir_bombalong said:
cheers buddy - thats me feelin better
some ppl dont use them at all, there have been many debates about them, but no it will do absolutely nothing, turn the radio up a bit.:D

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
them sleave things do sod all, they fit in the bushe but larger than the bolt :rolleyes:

Sod it, up goes the volume of the radio :lmao:

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
When fitting the new wishbones, its quite important that new bolts are fitted. If new bolts are fitted, and done up EFFING tight, there should be no clunking..

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
Agreed never used the sleeves and never got in any debate bout em either ;)
Aslong as they are FT then all is good :up:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts