Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have had my 2016 Viva two weeks now and it makes a whistle between 40 and 55 ish, sounds like wind and annoying. Its not the wipers that I am sure of and checked all windows and doors are fully closed.

Have anyone else had a similar issue?

I have not spoken to the dealer yet and will next week but would be handy to know if any other new Viva owners have experienced the same.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
27,548 Posts
We don't have many if any Viva owners on site at present . It could be an issue with a door frame seal , take it back to the dealer & take a member of staff for ride .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. Its a bit new I know yet for discussing but I thought worth an ask and I will pass on what I found for any future owners. My plan for Tuesday is get in touch with the dealer, if they not called me already on another issue I am waiting to be repaired on it. Some garage numpty left there thumb dented in my bonnet! Really thin metal :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2016 viva and mine doesn't make any sounds between those speeds. I'd take it back and see what they say if i was you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your reply, its good to hear from a fellow Viva owner. Yes I intend to take it back and complain but must make it do it to order first, it seems that it only whistles on calmer days and when windy its not an issue. As we live near the coast it windy a lot lol but as soon as I have tested it I will be on to them. I have little faith in the dealership to be honest and if I could have got it anywhere else I would have but they huge and nowhere else I could go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its booked in for the 25th July (first day could get courtesy car) and through my own investigations I have found out its the front passenger window that is not seating/closing properly thats causing the noise. Let see if they fix it or indeed do anything, I have little faith in them :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It went in on the 25th as planned. They said they took off and reseated the door mirror and door deal, there is some improvement but still a lot of wind noise from that area but as yet not a whistle.

Frankly the longer I own this car the less impressed with it I am, the road noise is atrocious and with the wind noise, this car is beginning to get on my nerves.

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
It's a cheap small vauxhall, it's much worse if you buy a new expensive vauxhall and have similar issues

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a cheap small vauxhall, it's much worse if you buy a new expensive vauxhall and have similar issues
Thats very true, I would hope more expensive Vauxhalls better. Even though the Viva a cheaper car in comparison to say the Corsa its not that cheap and plenty of choice about for the same money (or less) with other brands, GM should have done better. Too much on toys fitted and not enough on basic design issues like noise and storage, basic things that make a car easier to live with. I looked at many brands before the Viva and took advice from a few online road test reviews, ok all said high road noise but all said low wind noise which I am not finding to be true. Otherwise they got it pretty much spot on in the reviews and as many said its a big brand and will be easier to sell when the time comes unlike some other brands.

I have to say its well put together with no rattles and everything shuts and feels good, yes hard plastic all over but it looks and feels ok. Mine being the top model it feels good with its leather like steering wheel and seats, chrome fittings etc. I drove the ecoflex model the other day and that is a better engine but mine Ok and good at 57 mpg mixed. Of the several brands I tried the Viva was the best driver, all had small boots except the Micra but thats a city car trate and you get used to it. Its modern, well equipped, easy to drive and you can still play spot the Viva and count them on one hand around here hahahahaha.

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
I'd have gone for a corsa if looking to vauxhall for a small car, the adam is too expensive. The viva isn't going to get the cult adam or fiat 500 effect, it will only be a cheap car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just sold the Viva! What a pain of a car literally, I could not drive it more than 20 miles without neck pain and 50+ mile serious pain. Apart from that its engine management drove me nuts, talk about jerky! The ecoflex engine is much smoother and more grunt but the normal one is gutless and neurotic. It was noisy, awful tyre noise and wind noise too. We were planning to go away last weekend, we did not as I would not drive it, so what’s the point of having it.

My advice is do not buy a Viva.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.