Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new on here today,but have been browsing this site looking for answers to problems i have been having.
Basically my car as been cutting out and steering as been locking as i am driving.I am not a machanical person but this scared the hell out of me,so came on here just looking for answers.The main answer which i thought i found was the idle air flow and surrounding parts needed cleaning and spraying which my next door neighbour did for me for nothing,great lad and he used to work at vauxhalls.I soon found out this was not the problem so my neighbour told me to get a diagnostic done today at vauxhall.He said what ever codes they come up with should be the answer and he would do the work.I wanted to find a price for having this done and they said £55 for the diagnostic.4 codes came out p0302 not present cyl 2 misfire,p0304 not present cyl 4 misfire,p0306 not present cyl 6 misfire,p0300 not present random/mutiple cyl misfire.
The lad said to me there's nothing showing but he knew it was the crank sensor.He said all in it would cost £140 pounds.To which i replied i would pay for the diagnostic and sensor and get it fitted else where.But my car wouldn't start so they said if they could fit the sensor i could have the job done for £90.Drove home all seems well.I have no idea if this helps anyone and i know its long winded.Anyway hi from a newbie

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
is the steering still locking?with the key in you might need a new ignition barrel houseing it sound's like the steering lock is engageing,it could get you messed up big time if it lock's up at speed?

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Perhaps you mean the steering goes very very heavy when the ewngine cuts out?
This is what happens with power steering and yes it scared the hell out of me when my engine decided to cut out on me on the motorway. You can still steer just takes a lot of effort.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is it cutting out when you go to change gear or just when your crusing along.
It was cutting out while driving .Twice after a roundabout and twice while driving both times at about 30 mph.Now it as been fixed it's like a different car.It feels really good,so hopefully it stays like this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.