Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just picked up 13 reg Insignia 2.0 cdti ecoflex Exclusiv. Get my hands on it next Tuesday, and I can't wait! It has replaced my mk2 2006 Renault Megane which has died, but it did 20k last year and didn't miss a beat tbf. Cane across this forum via an online search, so thought I would register and have a poke about, see what's what. My interests are full body shaving, lesbian mud wrestling and throwing stones at ducks...joking! I play guitar, collect vinyl records and am a West Ham fan (ffs go easy...it's a terrible season OK), I enjoy wine and love an Islay single malt whisky now and then (Ardbeg for preference). I work as a yard man/fork truck driver and am hoping to finally get my advanced driving test done this year.

That's about it, I look forward to chatting to people and learning more about my car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One day closer to Vauxhall ownership, and a question occurs to me. How do road gritters get to work? Also...if swimming is such good exercise, why are whales so fat?

Seriously though...I do 8 miles to work and 8 back again, and two or three times a week I drive to my girlfriends who lives 30 miles from my work. Roughly a 45 min drive on the A11. Is that enough to stave off dpf issues and will it regenerate properly? All in I cover between 250 - 300 miles on a weekly basis, and never having owned a diesel before I have no idea if this is enough!

·
Super Moderator
25,562 Posts
One day closer to Vauxhall ownership, and a question occurs to me. How do road gritters get to work? Also...if swimming is such good exercise, why are whales so fat?

Seriously though...I do 8 miles to work and 8 back again, and two or three times a week I drive to my girlfriends who lives 30 miles from my work. Roughly a 45 min drive on the A11. Is that enough to stave off dpf issues and will it regenerate properly? All in I cover between 250 - 300 miles on a weekly basis, and never having owned a diesel before I have no idea if this is enough!
You may struggle , the wife’s car does around 36 miles a day & we just about manage to avoid DPF issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen YouTube videos of people attaching an led to their heated wing mirror so they have a visible cue as to when a regeneration is taking place. Strikes me as a good idea, but knowing my luck the light would come on just as I'm pulling up outside my flat!!!

·
11,997 Posts
In which case you would just carry on driving, that's the whole point of fitting that led, it might be very useful for you.

·
Premium Member
13,444 Posts
For the mileage you are doing, two or three 45 minute runs per week you should be fine. during the winter months it can take up to 10 miles to warm up that engine, although a regen could start within 5 minutes from starting the engine. Your tick over revs will increase when you are having a regen too. At the sort of mileage you are doing you'll probably have one around once every 2 weeks or so, usually last around 12 minutes or mine do anyway, I have the same type engine as you.
Yep the led dpf light is a good idea, as I have fitted a few.
Also keep your engine well serviced too, I'd recommend yearly/10k oil change intervals using a dexos 2, 5w 30 oil.
I've owned 3 of these engines, up to now I've not suffered with any dpf related issues. As previously stated best to let the regen finish once it's started to keep the dpf sweet. This engine/dpf is not good for continuous short trips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts