Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new exhaust.

*update*

sorry took a while wit the pics , hope this works lol..

pics of phone so the red looks a bit orangey but it isnt in " real life lol"

so far just had the trims n skirts colour coded

and the exhaust -
fits pretty well just wish it was a little higher n a little less sticky outty!

Now am just trying to get hold of some alloys off a newer sxi/sri the real nice spokey ones ...:Cool2:

ok, want to buy a new back box for my mk4 astra

option 1, spend around 160 ( cheapest iv seen..and dont really want to buy off ebay etc) on one specifically for the astra

OR

option 2 , spend 60 on a universal fit one, (am rooting that option 2 will come up trumps btw)

now i really know sweet f.a when it comes to doing any kind of work on a car(wich im slightly ashamed off tbh!) sooo how hard would it be to fit ( and by that i mean for my dad to fit :lmao: lol) a universal one and what are the chances of me totally wasting my money and it not fitting on at all ??? (my dad fitted my peco back box on old car BUT i think that one was specifically for the corsa)

sorry again for my dumbass-ness but id rather speak to those in the know at the risk of sounding thick than go spend 60 quid tommorow only to find out i shouldnt have bothered

thanks guys
h
:Cool2:

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
universals suck i got one for mine and i had to do a fair but of cutting/ welding, measuring etc to make it fit!! you can Aways make it fit, but it may not be easy. usual story. Universal fitment - fits funk all!! lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yey! there prices are pretty good.:Cool2: although am always wary of buying online, i know that sounds daft but you know! have you or anyone you know had anything from them before?

thanks

·
22,199 Posts
h_19ASTRA said:
yey! there prices are pretty good.:Cool2: although am always wary of buying online, i know that sounds daft but you know! have you or anyone you know had anything from them before?
Ive bought a Sportex back box for my Cav and Sportex System for my Calibra off them...and ALOT of us on here have used them guys...very good people to deal with.

For instance, i ordered a Backbox very late one Saturday night, picked standard delivery, and it was here Tuesday morning...superb.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yey! wish i had my bank card with me at work today lol iv seen one that will be 103 quid in total wich is great! think you can order over the phone too? so will give them a ring in the morning as no internet at home at mo dam pc broke :down:
thanks alot for your help! im really pleased now cant wait to order it!:Cool2:

·
22,199 Posts
h_19ASTRA said:
yey! wish i had my bank card with me at work today lol iv seen one that will be 103 quid in total wich is great! think you can order over the phone too? so will give them a ring in the morning as no internet at home at mo dam pc broke :down:
thanks alot for your help! im really pleased now cant wait to order it!:Cool2:
Not a problem mate...glad to be of help :), im sure you will be very pleased with it.

Which tail pipe are you opting for?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey, ordered it on saturday so hopefully be with me wed-thurs time:Cool2:

dont seem to be able to link direct to the page, but its on the astra mk4 back boxes page and the 7th one down - the single oval one , i just hope it aint to big but it doesnt look it. was 103 quid in total wich is pretty dam good!:bananasmi

·
22,199 Posts
Be this fella then...

Wont be too big that, will look spot on i should think...dare say you'll get it before Wednesday knowing those guys.

Let us know when it arrives and get some pics up of it fitted if you can.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ye thats the one! will prob be putting it on at the weekend so if i can figure out how to upload pics i will do so next week ha ha:rolleyes:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it came on friday and i helped ( and by that i mean hindered) my dad to fit it on sat i like it BUT it sticks out just a bit to far for me, although its supposed to! its sounds pretty nice but i wish it was a bit louder, also one of the bolts will not go on properly so need to get that sorted but all in all im pleased with it, will take some pics and show you .:)

·
22,199 Posts
Excellent...shame about the way it pokes out, and the errant bolt...Sportex are ususally a bang on fit...although my backbox hangers werent right.

As for the sound, a backbox alone wont be that loud really, unless you get one of those daft chavvy Rage items, but they sound appalling IMO...it will however start to sound deeper as it gets a layer of carbon on its insides...and they sound better when they get heat into them.

Look forward to the pics :)

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Also I am told that if you change the manifold for something a little more 'performance' orientated not only will you free up some horses but should get a wee bit more noise from it, and from what I have been told it should rev more freely too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts